PDA

View Full Version : Ridetech Street Grip for 95 Silverado

GrandpoppyJack
06-24-2019, 06:49 AM
Hi everyone. Very happy to be here.

I have a question regarding the Ridetech Steetgrip for a 1995 Silverado. The Ridetech website says that the Streetgrip Suspension System will significantly improve handling and ride quality. I would assume they mean it will provide handling and ride quality over stock.

Looking at the components there is no doubt in my mind that it will improve handling. But will it improve ride quality over stock?

My wife has Osteoporosis and has had a hip replacement. She isn't comfortable riding in the 95 Silverado even with the stock suspension. If the Streetgrip suspension does not improve ride quality over stock I'm afraid she will never be able to ride in the truck again. We are planning a full restore on the truck with a 5.3 LS swap and suspension mods (if they improve ride quality)

Hoping someone can comment regarding if the ride quality will really be improved over stock with Streetgrip and maybe how noticeable the ride qualiy improvement it will be.

Thanks
GrandpoppyJack

WILWAXU
06-24-2019, 09:51 PM
I have the StreetGRIP setup on my 1990 truck. i just completed the Hot Rod Power Tour with it. Starting and returning from San Diego, I got 6,603 miles to evaluate the ride :screwy: It definitely rides better than stock. The adjustable shocks allow you to tune them how you like them. I love the setup on my truck.

GrandpoppyJack
06-25-2019, 03:42 AM
Thanks John. That’s what I was hoping to hear. Btw, your truck looks awesome.

WILWAXU
06-25-2019, 06:27 PM
Thanks John. That’s what I was hoping to hear. Btw, your truck looks awesome.

Thanks! I did the install, so if you have any questions along the way, let me know.

GrandpoppyJack
07-02-2019, 04:12 PM
John, what lights are on your truck? My original lights desperately need to be replaced.

F-Body International
07-02-2019, 09:22 PM
These trucks drive as good as anything in stock form. I currently daily drive a 95 K2500 HD myself. First truck I ever drove was my dad’s 93 K1500. If someone has a problem with these trucks, there must be something wrong with the truck or they probably shouldn’t be in any vehicle at all. Heck, my grandma drove a ‘97 C1500 I owned last year right before she had hip surgery and told me my truck drove very smooth.

I don’t mean to come off as insensitive but this is my experience with ‘88-‘98(‘00) OBS trucks.