PDA

View Full Version : Advertising Questions. Sponsor vs non Sponsor.

Frank69
12-12-2005, 10:15 AM
I was looking at several recent posts, where members were asking about sources for various parts for their projects. Other members responded, listing various sources for the requested parts. The names of the suppliers and the links were deleted by the forum moderators, because the supplier did not advertise on the site. What gives? Are we no longer free to exchange information regarding suppliers we have experience with? Does the site have an agreement with advertisers that members will be directed only to their sites? Is it the link that bothers the moderators, or is it the mention of a non-site sponsor? Can we list the vendor/supplier, if we don't put the link in. I just want to be clear on the rules.

TonyL
12-12-2005, 12:41 PM
It’s a very fine line. Our sponsors pay for the privilege of advertising and soliciting business on our site. Making the very forum we use possible. When a link is posted about a new product we have to weigh weather that link violates or conflicts with a paying sponsor. When there is a direct conflict, it will be deleted or edited out.

When a member says "Hey I just installed product X from vendor X and it cost me Y and the service was awesome."
Y would likely be edited out if it contained info that conflicted with a sponsor.

Your experiences with vendors are yours to share, good or bad. including pricing information could be construed as advertising for a non-sponsor, and thus it may be removed. This will be determined on a case-by-case basis.

Mainly it’s all about posting too much info. Post away about whom has what, and how that vendor treated you. Just leave pricing info and the link to the competitor’s site out of your post. If anyone reads it they can use Google.

I hope that clears some of it up. When in doubt ask us. We won’t bite. And If we remove a post or edit one, we always send a PM to tell you why.

Frank69
12-12-2005, 03:52 PM
Thanks Tony! I just saw a few posts (not mine) where the supplier name and link was removed, hadn't seen that before, and thought I'd ask. You guys are doing a great job, keep it up.

911industries
03-13-2010, 11:34 AM
I recently got my business up on a website. Im trying to get word out for my new product/s. How do I become a sponsor? How will you allow me to talk about what I have? Unfortunately I as a company dont have enough funding to pay much for advertising at this time. But in order to get my website up on a search engine I need to have references on other sites. It's kinda a catch 22.

Most of the content on my site is new products that arent available anywhere so I don't think Im going to be infringing on someone elses business. Im sure you will delete it but for your reference and review this is my site www.911ind.com (http://www.911ind.com)

Thanks for your time.

Damn True
03-13-2010, 01:37 PM
For sponsorship info inquire with Larry Callahan.