PDA

View Full Version : WTB 8 bolt LT Gen V clutch

chuckd71
05-31-2019, 04:28 PM
Pulling my LS and going LT but keeping my T-56. Was looking at clutch options, and monster dual clutch for $1100 seems like the most reasonably priced option, but that's still a lot for a cruiser. Just posting in case someone has a low-mile stock Camaro takeout or similar. Long shot, but I have a couple months to look.
Thanks

badazz81z28
06-03-2019, 05:26 PM
Isn’t Monsters dual disc clutch an OEM clutch where they simply modified the flywheel? I would get a McLeod. Seems like more money now, but you’ll be glad you did. If not, I would stick with the stock clutch.

ryeguy2006a
06-05-2019, 07:37 AM
I think that is what he's looking for is a stock LT-1 clutch.

chuckd71
06-06-2019, 05:03 AM
Yeah I was looking for stock just to keep costs reasonable for now. I'm not trying to be super cheap, but it's just a dicking around car so don't need to go super crazy. On the phone Monster presented theirs as being something unique, but I would not be surprised if it was just a stock one painted green with a new flywheel. A McLeod would be fine as well I suppose and I'll look into it.

badazz81z28
06-14-2019, 11:05 AM
A clutch isn’t something you routinely replace and it’s difficult to swap once it’s in the car. I would spend the money and buy a new clutch now. Nothing like putting a used or stock clutch in if you plan on future mods.

Yeah I was looking for stock just to keep costs reasonable for now. I'm not trying to be super cheap, but it's just a dicking around car so don't need to go super crazy. On the phone Monster presented theirs as being something unique, but I would not be surprised if it was just a stock one painted green with a new flywheel. A McLeod would be fine as well I suppose and I'll look into it.

chuckd71
06-14-2019, 03:21 PM
I actually found one back in TN from a guy who basically bought the car then immediately went triple disc. It's a risk, but to save $1,000 I'll take the gamble. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, time will tell. If the monster twin disc were something significantly different than the stock I'd bite, but it doesn't appear to be.
No more mods for this car's driveline, once I get this in and the interior wrapped up any car funds will go to getting either a C10 or 69 Firebird.