PDA

View Full Version : 69 Camaro Kick Panel Vent Delete

AU Doc
03-29-2019, 05:31 PM
Does anyone make kick panels that block off the vents? I’ve added AC, and I’m working on sound deadening as well. I’d like to block off the vents, but I want to make sure they don’t leak, either.

Jim Streib
03-29-2019, 06:34 PM
I would see if there are any plastic or steel plates that could be secured and sealed to the oval opening with the kick panels off to where once they are in place you can do some water tests to check for things being sealed up and then address any issues and then put the plastic panels in place. Maybe look at cars that are close to your kick panels like on a 73/74 Nova with factory AC and on those the driver's kick panel has no openings on it and on the passenger side, with it's opening for fresh air maybe be able to fabricate a cover over the oval opening or keep in place the curved molded cover to hide the oval opening.

I don't know where you are at with things are what you are working with but maybe reach inside the oval openings and clear out any debris that might have gotten built up in the lower cowl side and flush out the area as well as the rocker sills.

Jim

dhutton
03-29-2019, 06:57 PM
https://the-shop-llc.myshopify.com/products/1969-camaro-kick-panels

Don

AU Doc
04-01-2019, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the feedback! I may try to cutoff the part of my panels that extends into the cowl. I’m always hesitant to cut up original parts. Tho I’m not sure the kick panels have any real value.