PDA

View Full Version : If you like reading fiction books.......

69Myway
09-22-2004, 03:46 AM
Hey guys!

I can't tell you how excited I am. Deep in the middle of building my pro-touring 69 Corvette an idea struck me for a story. I get frustrated when I read a story or watch a movie that centers around cars...yet the cars are bigger than life, and or the car part of the story is so strong that it turns off other interested parties (usually, but not always the ladies).

So, I was trying to think of how you could have both. A very difficult challenge. Some things were going on in my life at the time that added to the mix. Suddenly the story started racing through my head. I shared it with my friends and family putting little tweaks as I went. Finally, I started putting it down on paper. Over a period of two years I would take some time to think through the next part, then write when I could (while doing 1,000 other things). I eventually became dedicated to the challenge of simply finishing it.

I finished the book earlier this year, or as in...I was able to write "THE END" on a page. It was at that time I realized I needed to do something with the story to make it available to share. So I went searching. I found a place that does self publishing/print on demand. After what seemed like decades and tons of my own cash.....it is finally reality.

As of 9/19/04 it was released.

I am posting this link because I am anxious to share this story with anybody that likes to read and is looking for something "geared" to a gear head with a heart. I have more or less footed the entire bill to get this into a paper version that can be shared with other people. This has never been about the "money", as I am simply thrilled to have reached my personal definition of success which was to simply see it finished.

You can check out my page and the link here:

www.thekeytomyheart.net (http://www.thekeytomyheart.net)

I hope you get a chance to check it out and let me know what you think.

Now....back to the 69 Camaro project!

68ls1
09-25-2004, 01:01 AM
KLR SHRK, that is so cool. I can't imagine the work it would take to keep at it and finish a publishable book. Very impressive to say the least. Nice work.

Chill, Noel.

Ralph LoGrasso
09-25-2004, 11:38 AM
Looks pretty cool! Congratulations on publishing it!

69Myway
09-25-2004, 11:56 AM
Thanks Ralph. It is a real feeling of accomplishment. Not as good of a feeling as seeing the car as it first comes out of the paint booth, or hearing an engine roar to life for the first time...but pretty darn close!

I just got my first copy in the mail yesterday. I have been showing it off to my friends. Many of them did not know I was working on this so it is a complete surprise to them.