PDA

View Full Version : Coil overs

importkiller69ss
02-11-2019, 12:52 PM
Shot in the dark but anyone have a set of coilavers for a first gen

Timmah
02-11-2019, 01:50 PM
Shot in the dark but anyone have a set of coilavers for a first gen

I have a front set of Koni from DSE with #550 spring. They have eye end on both ends. never used. They will not work on stock frame if not be modified.

importkiller69ss
02-11-2019, 02:57 PM
Crap I was looking for some that would just bolt up what all is involved in modifying the frame and what you want for them

Schwartz Performance
02-11-2019, 04:09 PM
Why do you want coilovers?
Ride height adjustability?
You'll get more stroke out of a RideTech kit using their control arms, but obviously costs a little more since you need control arms to use them.

-Dale

Timmah
02-12-2019, 09:34 AM
Crap I was looking for some that would just bolt up what all is involved in modifying the frame and what you want for them

Dale is telling you the correct way to achieve a bolt on option. The coil overs I have will need control arms with the pockets that will mate to the coil over mounts and the frame that will match the opposite end which would require a fabrication to the frame (welding). The DSE control arms and coil overs I quoted earlier to you (by email last week), would require the frame mod which they sold a conversion kit to mount their coil overs and to change the camber. I have the frame already modified that goes with the coil overs and control arms.

You need to plan out your changes and what you are wanting to achieve. believe me, you can soak a ton of cash in parts and not be happy with a mismatched front suspension.

Tim