PDA

View Full Version : Car not low enough. Please Help

Northern Goat
12-09-2005, 06:33 AM
I hope someone can help me with this one. I installed Hotchkis 1.5" lowering springs on the back of my car as well as Edelbrock boxed control arms with Poly bushings. On the front I have 2" lowering spindles and I rebuilt the front end with poly bushings.

I always thought the chassis did not sit as low as I intended, but figured once I got the weight of the body on it it would drop a bit lower. Well last night put the body back on the frame, everything except the hood, but the car still doesn't seem to have dropped as much as I expected.

Could the fact that I tightened up the control arms and A - arms when it was a bare chassis on jack stands have something to do with it? Could the poly bushings be binding or something (I have lubed all the grease fittings)?

Any help would be appreciated.

derekf
12-09-2005, 06:36 AM
If you put a chevy engine in it, it'd sit low enough (just kidding... sorry, I had to).

It's entirely possible that your bushings are indeed binding. They should be tightened with the weight on the car (but it's an easy fix - loosen them, bounce the car a couple of times, retighten).

Northern Goat
12-09-2005, 06:40 AM
Listen don't make me sick Roadrage on you. LOL.
I figured that may be a fix. Thanks I will try it out.

Travis B
12-09-2005, 06:42 AM
I agree with derek......loosen all bolts bounce car several times then retighten..........

*Edit*
Sorry NG I guess we were posting at the same time

parsonsj
12-09-2005, 11:54 AM
It may also settle a bit over time as you drive it too. I've seen guys get too aggressive and end with the car too low.

jp

Derek69SS
12-09-2005, 12:38 PM
...car too low. Is that possible??? :D

Travis B
12-09-2005, 12:41 PM
Is that possible??? :D

not in our shop :firefire:

parsonsj
12-09-2005, 03:04 PM
Well ... I like low cars as much as the next guy, but of course they can be too low. Bad suspension geometry, dragging headers, rubbing tires, etc. etc., are all symptoms of an "overslammed" car.

Or if one is trying to get a certain stance and one end of the car ends up too low ...

jp

sinned
12-09-2005, 04:16 PM
dragging headers, etc. etc., are all symptoms of an "overslammed" car.
jpHey.... I resemble that remark.