PDA

View Full Version : Start of a mess...

Senek67RS
12-18-2018, 10:55 PM
Starting the journey of a full restoration on this. Done with media blast now and off for metal work. I will come back with more pics when he wraps up his end.

76TA
12-19-2018, 12:12 PM
Ahh yes. The start of a new project. Good luck mate.

Senek67RS
12-19-2018, 10:49 PM
Thanks, bud.

Senek67RS
12-19-2018, 10:55 PM

- - - Updated - - -

DSE Mini tubs going in today, Speedtech tunnel and smooth firewall going in tomorrow. Then off to paint...

Alponcho
12-20-2018, 08:03 AM
That's some fast progress. Good luck!

Senek67RS
12-30-2018, 10:16 AM
Progress on the metal work. Mini tubs, tunnel and firewall are all done. Decided to shave the drip rails. So, going get that done before dry fitting everything and the. Off to paint. Hoping to get this thing out to paint before 1/15.

chiva
12-30-2018, 04:57 PM
I know several companies that would want to hire you as you seem about the most efficient project manager I’ve ever heard of! Very nice progress!

Senek67RS
12-30-2018, 07:31 PM
I know several companies that would want to hire you as you seem about the most efficient project manager I’ve ever heard of! Very nice progress!

Haha thanks

Senek67RS
01-06-2019, 03:21 PM
Well, looks like we are going to miss our 1/15 target date to get in for body and paint. We found bondo in the roof when media blasted and decided just to replace the entire roof. Full pro-touring package arrives tomorrow. So, we will begin getting all of that put together and finish the 4 link in the rear with the sub frame connectors and undercoat the car while we wait on the new roof panel to arrive. We are targeting a 6/1 completion date. As long as we don’t get stalled in the paint shop, we should be able to hit that.

Senek67RS
01-12-2019, 06:23 PM
Well, quite a few parts came in this week. Full pro-touring package from Speedtech, full wilwood brake package, headers from Speedtech, Ididit tilt column, 2” cowl hood from AMD, new roof skin and drip rails AAW harness, DD HDX gauges, Clayton Machine Works pedals, Nu Relic PW and a new set of ‘68 doors. Wheels arrive on Wednesday from Forgeline- CV3C satin black center with gloss black barrels.

Once we finish the roof skin and shaving the drip rails, body guy is coming in to make sure that everything is straight and read for paint. We will do a dry fit on everything end of this week and hopefully will be in the booth by the end of this month. Moving quick...

Senek67RS
01-18-2019, 03:45 PM
Well, we decided to replace the roof skin and found a BUNCH rust under the old one. All I can say is, I am really glad that we opted to replace it, otherwise this probably would have rotted from the inside out lol

The one bright note is that my wheels came in, the bad part is they aren't going to be functional on this car anytime soon :-\

Senek67RS
12-15-2019, 01:22 PM
Well, after a lot of hiccups and mind changing, we finally have the paint laid on the car. Just slightly behind schedule haha.

Senek67RS
12-15-2019, 01:30 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Color is Porsche, Atlas Grey and a pretty cool color to me. Looks dark/ carbon/ black in the shade, but blueish/ grey metallic in the light.

The ghost
12-15-2019, 01:46 PM
Wow love the color, good job!

Senek67RS
12-15-2019, 02:04 PM
Wow love the color, good job!

Thank you! There was quite a bit of debate, as I typically like black, but thought this was a cool color and was ready to try something different.

HotWheelz
12-15-2019, 03:21 PM
Fantaastic Build! Great attention to detail in regard to the the roof repairs and exquisite body work!

:drive1:

Senek67RS
12-15-2019, 04:02 PM
Fantaastic Build! Great attention to detail in regard to the the roof repairs and exquisite body work!

:drive1:
Thank you!

Senek67RS
12-18-2019, 10:06 PM

Started pulling together the front clip today and got the rear end together. Should hopefully have a roller by the end of the week. After 9 months in body shop jail, I am fricken pumped to start assembling this thing.

CarlC
12-18-2019, 10:58 PM
Way to stick to it, and great job on the roof repairs.

That's a great set of tires too!

Senek67RS
12-20-2019, 08:53 PM

Making the connection and threw on the front drive. Will be throwing on the intake, Valley plate and valve covers from Shaun’s Custom Alloy tomorrow. Every day is a little bit closer...

slimjim
12-21-2019, 07:19 AM
Making the connection and threw on the front drive. Will be throwing on the intake, Valley plate and valve covers from Shaun’s Custom Alloy tomorrow. Every day is a little bit closer...

I always love seeing those intakes!

Senek67RS
12-21-2019, 10:08 AM
I always love seeing those intakes!

Thanks! I am pretty pumped to see it all come together.

Senek67RS
12-30-2019, 09:11 PM

Moving a little slower than I’d like, but making forward progress. Got the front drive, Valley plate and intake on. Hit a snag with the stock injector o rings on the intake side. Ordering some new o rings to size tomorrow and that should be put to bed.

Senek67RS
03-02-2020, 08:38 PM

Senek67RS
03-02-2020, 08:41 PM
Adding some updates pics, as I have been slacking on that a bit. Wiring and plumbing things this week with hopes that it will be ready to fire for the first time by next week. Also reassembling the front end and making sure everything is straight there. If all goes right, we should be heading to interior in the near future.

chunger
03-04-2020, 08:42 AM
Coming along nicely. What's the plan for the interior?

Senek67RS
03-04-2020, 09:50 AM
Coming along nicely. What's the plan for the interior?

I am taking it to a place called DJ Designs that has moved from San Bruno to Hayward. I haven't quite figured out the scheme yet, but the guy does great work and is pretty creative. Supposed to go to interior on Monday, but that will make things extremely tight on time. So, worst case scenario, we may have to push back a week, or two. This is the place it is going to. http://djdesignsinteriors.com/

Senek67RS
03-14-2020, 06:33 PM
More delays due to lack of time to work on the car. Got to the fuel line today and was one AN fitting short of completing that. Need to do a few more things to get it to start, hydro boost line set, mount the coil relocation brackets, AC lines and drive shaft. Drive shaft is supposed to be finished on Monday.

eville
03-14-2020, 07:47 PM
Keep at it. Looks awesome.

Senek67RS
03-15-2020, 09:31 AM
Keep at it. Looks awesome.

Thanks! It’s been a lot more than I ever imagined haha.

jlcustomz
03-15-2020, 11:11 AM
Lookin good man. Definitely above the average build quality. Seeing assembled car it really does have all the appeal of black paint sitting indoors.
All the layers of small details always take more time you don't have. Hang in there with it & rest while it's at interior shop.

Senek67RS
03-15-2020, 01:48 PM
Lookin good man. Definitely above the average build quality. Seeing assembled car it really does have all the appeal of black paint sitting indoors.
All the layers of small details always take more time you don't have. Hang in there with it & rest while it's at interior shop.

Thanks! You’re right, all the little things seem to take twice as long as expected. Tail end now, and you’re right, rest will come when it goes to interior.

lbsurfer11
03-15-2020, 07:02 PM
Fantastic work, the wheels look dynamite as does the paint!

Senek67RS
03-15-2020, 07:26 PM
Fantastic work, the wheels look dynamite as does the paint!
Thank you!

Senek67RS
03-24-2020, 01:55 PM
Got the glass in, drive shaft in and have loaded the car to go to interior. Still a few kinks to work out when it comes back, but getting pretty damn close.

John McIntire
03-24-2020, 02:07 PM
Wow! Looks great! Love the flush mount glass. Well done.

Senek67RS
03-24-2020, 02:17 PM
Wow! Looks great! Love the flush mount glass. Well done.

Thank you! I think that was one of the things that took the longest when it came to body work.

Senek67RS
03-25-2020, 08:31 AM
@John, did you ever finish putting that LS7 in your car out of the falcon F7?

John McIntire
03-25-2020, 09:44 AM
No, I'm a ways off from that part, but I'm converting mine to wet sump so I will not have the problems you are facing.

Senek67RS
03-25-2020, 10:00 AM
No, I'm a ways off from that part, but I'm converting mine to wet sump so I will not have the problems you are facing. I am not running a dry sump set up. My kinks that I have left to work out are really just figuring out where to mount the coils, connecting my hydraboost lines with some sort of inline cooler, exhaust and AC lines. My date just came to get the car into interior and I didn't want to lose my spot, so, I sent the car before getting those things wrapped up.

John McIntire
03-25-2020, 12:31 PM
Ohhh, I thought you were going to run a dry sump and looking for a place to mount the tank and run the lines. I was torn about the coils too. Originally I was just going to run the black valve covers from Holley where they are mounted on an angle and exposed. I thought about mounting them somewhere hidden, but never really found a clear solution that I liked. I didn't want to deal with extending the wiring for them and longer plug wires. In the end I decided to go with the 2 piece covers from Holley that hide the coils and the wiring. Got them in black with the Chevrolet script on them.

https://i.hmjimg.com/images/2020/03/25/DADF57C0-E5F4-43D7-8BCE-B91DD4754321.jpg (https://www.hostmyjunk.com/image/HJ88N)

I'm going to run manual brakes for cleanliness, so can't help you there.

AC lines will run out over the passenger fender through the firewall using the pass through fitting from John at II Much. No bulkhead fittings, less fittings and less chances of a leak.

Exhaust, I'm leaning towards the headers from DSE, I'm running their subframe. I know Holley makes headers that fit too, but damn those DSE ones are nice. I'll have a shop do from the collector back.

Senek67RS
03-25-2020, 02:09 PM
Ohhh, I thought you were going to run a dry sump and looking for a place to mount the tank and run the lines. I was torn about the coils too. Originally I was just going to run the black valve covers from Holley where they are mounted on an angle and exposed. I thought about mounting them somewhere hidden, but never really found a clear solution that I liked. I didn't want to deal with extending the wiring for them and longer plug wires. In the end I decided to go with the 2 piece covers from Holley that hide the coils and the wiring. Got them in black with the Chevrolet script on them.

https://i.hmjimg.com/images/2020/03/25/DADF57C0-E5F4-43D7-8BCE-B91DD4754321.jpg (https://www.hostmyjunk.com/image/HJ88N)

I'm going to run manual brakes for cleanliness, so can't help you there.

AC lines will run out over the passenger fender through the firewall using the pass through fitting from John at II Much. No bulkhead fittings, less fittings and less chances of a leak.

Exhaust, I'm leaning towards the headers from DSE, I'm running their subframe. I know Holley makes headers that fit too, but damn those DSE ones are nice. I'll have a shop do from the collector back.

I like those coil covers, but I ended up buying the valve covers from the same place that made the intake, which doesn't give me that option and I wouldn't really want to hide those anyways. So, going to have to look at a remote location and have been looking at somewhere on the k member.

Exhaust, I got the stainless headers from speedtech, but not sure I want to shell out the dough for stainless from the headers back.

Senek67RS
03-26-2020, 10:48 AM
Well, ran into an issue that I was worried about. Was trying to use CTS-V coupe seats in my car, but the interior shop said that without significant fabrication, it isn't going to work. So, now I am on the hunt for different seats and came across some seats out of a 2018 BMW M4 that I like a lot. Now if I can only find one on a lot locally that I can go out and measure them to see if they may work. If anyone else around here has some ideas on modern style seats that also have modern amenities (power and heated), I am all ears. I just am not a huge fan of the newer Camaro seats :-\

jlcustomz
03-26-2020, 03:38 PM
That sucks they said that on your seats. Wife has the 2012 cts premium coupe, they are nice seats. I'm not a seat swapping expert, so I'm not sure what their big hangup is, which I'd assume is bolting the rails to the floor & I'd guess the floor sheet metal may need additional plating to safely bolt in different location.
Probably safe to say most interior shops are not very skilled at metal fab & if it's not in your skill range, then you may be best to find someone that is. Who's to say they can mount Beamer seats in a camaro either.

Senek67RS
03-28-2020, 08:50 AM
That sucks they said that on your seats. Wife has the 2012 cts premium coupe, they are nice seats. I'm not a seat swapping expert, so I'm not sure what their big hangup is, which I'd assume is bolting the rails to the floor & I'd guess the floor sheet metal may need additional plating to safely bolt in different location.
Probably safe to say most interior shops are not very skilled at metal fab & if it's not in your skill range, then you may be best to find someone that is. Who's to say they can mount Beamer seats in a camaro either.

I am going out to pull measurements on those M4 seats today to see if they will fit and just check how comfortable they actually are. The thing I loved about thoseCTS-V seats was how comfortable they were. These are the seats I am going to check on fit today.

jlcustomz
03-28-2020, 11:50 AM
Those are cool, but not as fitting to me style wise as the caddy seats, which I just sat in today.
Do you know exactly what the issue was with fitting them??

Senek67RS
03-28-2020, 04:02 PM
Those are cool, but not as fitting to me style wise as the caddy seats, which I just sat in today.
Do you know exactly what the issue was with fitting them??

They were too tall, for starters. Which is why I’m looking for something that sits a little lower now, but still has modern amenities.

jlcustomz
03-28-2020, 04:34 PM
Ok, that makes sense. Most of these newer cars have a taller body height in general & I guess it would be hard to make them set lower with all the stuff under them. Heard of a lot of recaro cts seats being swapped into other vehicles, doesn't mean they really fir right though.
Watching some tv show today (restoration garage) where they put procar ready to fit seats in a first gen firebird. Yea, made to fit, but pretty basic.

Wonder about any versions of 02' up vette seats? Definitely a few vettes get wrecked & parted out through vette part dealers.

Senek67RS
03-29-2020, 08:32 AM
Ok, that makes sense. Most of these newer cars have a taller body height in general & I guess it would be hard to make them set lower with all the stuff under them. Heard of a lot of recaro cts seats being swapped into other vehicles, doesn't mean they really fir right though.
Watching some tv show today (restoration garage) where they put procar ready to fit seats in a first gen firebird. Yea, made to fit, but pretty basic.

Wonder about any versions of 02' up vette seats? Definitely a few vettes get wrecked & parted out through vette part dealers.

That is what I have, the CTS-V Recaro seats. Love the seats and wished they would fit, super comfortable.

The guy that is doing my interior has thrown out ProCar seats as an option as well, but was hoping to get something that is electric. Guess we will see if these M4 seats will work and go from there.

Senek67RS
07-17-2020, 11:56 AM
Note to self, do not tally up receipts. OUCH!

Senek67RS
07-17-2020, 02:39 PM
Note to self, do not tally up receipts. OUCH! Getting the exhaust finished and that should be done by early next week. Got the Mcleod Hydraulic Clutch to connect to the Clayton pedals, ended up swapping out the reservoir with a billet one and mounted that on the firewall. Been trying to keep the firewall as clean as possible. Need to figure out how to route the coil wires, as I am trying to keep the valve covers clean. If all goes well, we should be able to fire it in the next week and take it around the block...

Senek67RS
10-05-2020, 12:05 PM
Making some forward progress after life got in the way a bit (relocated to a new city). However, got some video of the car finally rolling under it's own power. Went back to interior and hoping to have that wrapped up in the next 1-1.5 months.

chunger
10-05-2020, 07:40 PM
Always good to see them moving under their own power!

Looks like California?

Senek67RS
10-06-2020, 09:32 AM
Always good to see them moving under their own power!

Felt like the day would never come haha. Getting closer to the finish line though, just in time for rainy season haha.

Looks like California?

Yes, I am in the Bay Area.

Senek67RS
12-10-2020, 04:17 PM

Got some pics back from the interior shop that I thought I would share. Super happy with the way things are coming together there.

thumper877
12-11-2020, 05:36 AM
Looks awesome really like the center console and the design of the seats

John McIntire
12-11-2020, 06:38 AM
Very nice! That center center dash insert is awesome! Did you make that?

Senek67RS
12-11-2020, 08:12 AM
Looks awesome really like the center console and the design of the seats

Thank you! I got the idea from the interior of an S550 color scheme.

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice! That center center dash insert is awesome! Did you make that?

I wish I could say I did, but there is an interior shop that is doing the work. The name of the shop is, DJ Designs and they do some nice work.

slimjim
12-11-2020, 08:33 AM
wow, that interior shop has some skill. I like the flow of the dash now, much better than original. what alpine head unit did you end up running and why?

Senek67RS
12-11-2020, 08:39 AM
wow, that interior shop has some skill. I like the flow of the dash now, much better than original. what alpine head unit did you end up running and why?

I ended up opting to go with the Alpine Halo11 head unit, primarily because I like the fact that it has Apple CarPlay and a modern look/ feel, but will still fit in a single din opening.

John McIntire
12-11-2020, 12:44 PM
All I have to say is WOW! Your car is at the right place!!!

http://djdesignsinteriors.com/

slimjim
12-11-2020, 01:05 PM
I ended up opting to go with the Alpine Halo11 head unit, primarily because I like the fact that it has Apple CarPlay and a modern look/ feel, but will still fit in a single din opening.

yeah it's an awesome piece. looking at your controls it appears you're running restomod air? do you know if their app can be downloaded onto the apple CarPlay and be controlled right there?

Senek67RS
12-11-2020, 03:07 PM
yeah it's an awesome piece. looking at your controls it appears you're running restomod air? do you know if their app can be downloaded onto the apple CarPlay and be controlled right there?

Yes, they are the restomod air control, I am running the entire system from them. Being able to control the system via CarPlay was something that I looked into, but I opted to go with with non bluetooth version, as I prefer the analog control anyway vs. going through settings on the screen.

- - - Updated - - -

All I have to say is WOW! Your car is at the right place!!!

http://djdesignsinteriors.com/

Thanks, Daniel does really nice work and I had to wait a while to get in. If it ends up like his previous projects, I think it will be worth the wait, even if I did have to sell a kidney to afford it haha

Senek67RS
01-13-2021, 09:00 PM
Thought I would add some updated photos of the interior. Sounds like it should be done end of month, or first week in February. The picture of the silver dial is something that he created/ 3-D printed to match the HVAC controls, thought that was a pretty cool idea.

Motown 454
01-13-2021, 09:30 PM
Those are pretty slick! Nice console I love the top plate with the switches.

Senek67RS
01-14-2021, 09:54 AM
Those are pretty slick! Nice console I love the top plate with the switches.

I am super happy with the way it is turning out. Should see it all come together in the next couple of weeks!

Senek67RS
01-14-2021, 05:46 PM
Some additional photos with the dash almost all together. [183453183454183455183456183457183458

thumper877
01-14-2021, 06:41 PM
Beautiful love the brushed metal

slimjim
01-14-2021, 08:44 PM
damn those Sparc wheels are nice! This is one of the best interiors I've seen in a first gen in a long time.

Motown 454
01-14-2021, 09:30 PM
I love the way it's coming out, it's going to be sweet!

andrewb70
01-15-2021, 07:21 AM
Looks fantastic! Do those big knobs above the head unit do anything?

Andrew

Tsaints1115
01-15-2021, 07:28 AM

Andrew

Those are RestoMod air a/c controls.

Senek67RS
01-15-2021, 08:07 AM
Beautiful love the brushed metal

Thank you! Should hopefully all tie together when finished.

- - - Updated - - -

Those are RestoMod air a/c controls.

Andrew

Tsaints1115 is correct, those are AC controls from Restomod.

- - - Updated - - -

damn those Sparc wheels are nice! This is one of the best interiors I've seen in a first gen in a long time.

I really liked Sparc over everything else I looked at and thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

I love the way it's coming out, it's going to be sweet!

Thanks, man! I should have some more updates later next week!

Senek67RS
01-25-2021, 09:55 AM

Not huge progress this last week, but finalizing the door panel and door panel inserts.

ryeguy2006a
01-25-2021, 10:17 AM
I love what they did with your interior!! That is amazing. They should make a mold of that center bezel for the Double Din. That would sell, and I would be the first one to buy. That would look right at home in a stock interior too! Very impressed.

Senek67RS
01-25-2021, 11:19 AM
I love what they did with your interior!! That is amazing. They should make a mold of that center bezel for the Double Din. That would sell, and I would be the first one to buy. That would look right at home in a stock interior too! Very impressed.

It is actually a single din and they started with plastic and then worked it. I will suggest it to him and see what he says, but to make them one by one the way he made mine people wouldn't want to pay that price lol. If he could figure out how to make a mold and have it mass produced in fiberglass, it may make sense.

slimjim
01-25-2021, 12:05 PM
those door panels will look great, It looks like they're using ABS plastic or similar. what's the weight like?

Senek67RS
01-25-2021, 12:49 PM
those door panels will look great, It looks like they're using ABS plastic or similar. what's the weight like?

I honestly don't know what they weight will be, I will have to ask and come back.

John McIntire
01-25-2021, 01:36 PM
Looks amazing. Nice work and thanks for the pics!

joeko23
01-25-2021, 05:30 PM
Hey looking really good! Did you ever figure out how to make the buttons on the back of the seat work?

Senek67RS
01-25-2021, 06:20 PM
Hey looking really good! Did you ever figure out how to make the buttons on the back of the seat work?

They tried a pulse generator that was suggested in that article we circulated last time, but it only worked on the bench intermittently. So, they ended up programming a PAC TR12 and now it works perfectly.

joeko23
01-26-2021, 07:19 AM
The tr12 only send a 5v signal to keep the seat active no? When I sent a 5v signal to the can wires my seat was also constantly active but the buttons in the back of the seats still didn’t work. Do you know how they wired everything up? Also do you need a separate tr12 for the passenger seat?

Senek67RS
01-26-2021, 08:49 AM
The tr12 only send a 5v signal to keep the seat active no? When I sent a 5v signal to the can wires my seat was also constantly active but the buttons in the back of the seats still didn’t work. Do you know how they wired everything up? Also do you need a separate tr12 for the passenger seat?

The voltage is adjustable and the box is programmable. I will have to ask about those buttons.

Senek67RS
01-29-2021, 10:02 AM
Update on interior;

Rear inserts are done, fronts have been sewn up and will be laid out next week. Trim pieces have been cut and will be primed and painted silver to match the rest of the interior. The RS logo will be in the upper portion of the seat back on the driver and passenger seat and the RS will illuminate.

no_go nico
01-29-2021, 02:11 PM
Sweeet build! Danny does fantastic work. In for updates.

Senek67RS
01-29-2021, 02:47 PM
Sweeet build! Danny does fantastic work. In for updates.

Thank you and yes he does! Hoping to be out of his shop within the next 2-3 weeks, so it should be quick on updates.

Senek67RS
02-08-2021, 05:55 PM
Thought I would add a little update. The back half of the car is just about done, they are working on the front seats and the door handles the rest of this week. Getting pretty close, then it is on to the trunk.

slimjim
02-08-2021, 06:07 PM
incredible work, best door panels I've seen in a long time

Senek67RS
02-08-2021, 06:49 PM
incredible work, best door panels I've seen in a long time

Thanks, bud! I will make sure to pass along to the interior shop doing the work.

Senek67RS
02-13-2021, 10:09 AM
Weekly updates from the interior shop. Just need to finish the arm rests and A pillars this week, then it is on to the trunk to finish. The illuminated silver RS logos will go in the upper part of the seat back, which was a feature that was already on the M4 seats, we just changed the logo to match. He also laser cut an RS logo for the center console, which I thought was pretty cool. Sometimes, it is the little things haha. We were going to paint the carbon fiber cap silver to match the rest of the interior trim, but decided it may be a little too much, so we left it CF. There is quite a bit of Anvil CF on the exterior of the car, so should tie together nicely.

thumper877
02-13-2021, 04:56 PM
Love the seat back with the carbon and can't wait to see the rs emblem in the seat. All looks great

andrewb70
02-13-2021, 05:30 PM
Very cool!

Senek67RS
02-14-2021, 10:51 AM
Love the seat back with the carbon and can't wait to see the rs emblem in the seat. All looks great Thanks, should be done this week.

- - - Updated - - -

Very cool!

Thanks!

Motown 454
02-15-2021, 12:39 PM
Wow interior looks sweet!

Senek67RS
02-15-2021, 02:40 PM
Wow interior looks sweet!

Thanks, man. Every week it's a little bit closer to coming home. They should be able to wrap up the inside of the car this week and then the trunk next week, fingers crossed. Then off to the tuners haha

no_go nico
02-15-2021, 03:04 PM
Which ECU are you running and who do have tuning it? Looks great.

Senek67RS
02-15-2021, 10:40 PM
Which ECU are you running and who do have tuning it? Looks great.

I am just running the GMCC ECM. I am going to a place called, Newtech Performance in Hayward, CA. https://newtechperformance.com/

eville
02-19-2021, 01:04 PM
looking good!

Senek67RS
02-19-2021, 05:14 PM
looking good!

Thank you!

Senek67RS
02-22-2021, 09:08 PM
Got a pic back with the emblem/light in the seat back. I am happy with the way it came out.

ryeguy2006a
02-23-2021, 04:53 AM
Wow, that seat turned out great! I love the interior on your car.

Senek67RS
02-23-2021, 08:24 AM
Wow, that seat turned out great! I love the interior on your car.

Thanks, man! Just about done with the interior of the car and then on to the trunk. Danny does great work.

Senek67RS
02-23-2021, 08:49 AM
Another shot of the interior with the armrest and pull loop installed.

andrewb70
02-23-2021, 09:56 AM
This build is just stellar. I love what you are doing with the interior!

Andrew

Senek67RS
02-23-2021, 10:02 AM
This build is just stellar. I love what you are doing with the interior!

Andrew

Thank you, sir!

thumper877
02-23-2021, 05:09 PM
Outstanding. The cream with the black then the carbon fiber all set each other off. Beautiful

Senek67RS
02-23-2021, 08:17 PM
Outstanding. The cream with the black then the carbon fiber all set each other off. Beautiful

Thank you. Believe it or not, I got the idea from my wives S550 haha.

Motown 454
02-24-2021, 10:58 PM
Wow, it just keeps getting better!!

Senek67RS
02-25-2021, 08:10 AM
Wow, it just keeps getting better!!

Thanks, man. Every week is a bit closer, but it sure feels like it has been a journey haha

David Sloan
02-25-2021, 12:09 PM
Very nice!
love the interior!

Senek67RS
02-25-2021, 03:12 PM
Very nice!
love the interior!

Thank you!

64G-lark
02-25-2021, 07:54 PM
That is a super nice interior. The design and colors are great. What seats were those CTSV, Vette or BMW. Was confused.

Senek67RS
02-25-2021, 08:40 PM
That is a super nice interior. The design and colors are great. What seats were those CTSV, Vette or BMW. Was confused.

Thank you. The seats are out of an M4, I was originally going to use CTS-V Coupe seats, but they were just a little too tall. If I could have used those, I would have, they were the most comfortable Recaros that I have ever sat in.

Senek67RS
03-02-2021, 12:54 PM
Trunk is just about wrapped up, on to the A pillars and the door sills, then installing the front seats and she is done there. He made some floor mats and wrapped the visors in alcantara to match the headliner.

andrewb70
03-03-2021, 02:32 PM
^^^Like!

Andrew

Senek67RS
03-03-2021, 03:12 PM
^^^Like!

Andrew

Thank you, sir.

John McIntire
03-04-2021, 05:08 AM
I really love this car. The interior is "just right". It's the perfect blend of modern and not too futuristic. It's over the top without really jumping out and shouting "I'm over the top!".
Nice job well, well executed, love following up on your build. Thanks for taking the time to update us!

Senek67RS
03-04-2021, 12:14 PM
I really love this car. The interior is "just right". It's the perfect blend of modern and not too futuristic. It's over the top without really jumping out and shouting "I'm over the top!".
Nice job well, well executed, love following up on your build. Thanks for taking the time to update us!

Thank you, John! Love following your build as well, renderings look fantastic!

Motown 454
03-05-2021, 01:13 PM
Every time I check back in there is something else I like about it. Nice! What are the visors out of?

Senek67RS
03-05-2021, 02:12 PM
Thanks, bud. The visors are out of a Dodge Challenger.

Motown 454
03-05-2021, 02:58 PM
I like the piece you can pull out to close up between the two visors. I wished mind could do that many times. Thanks

Senek67RS
03-05-2021, 03:00 PM
I like the piece you can pull out to close up between the two visors. I wished mind could do that many times.

Agreed! Grab a set and you will be in business

Motown 454
03-05-2021, 03:09 PM
Agreed! Grab a set and you will be in business

Just got them! Thanks again.

Senek67RS
03-05-2021, 03:27 PM
Just got them! Thanks again.

Nice!

joeko23
03-05-2021, 07:09 PM
What car are those visors out of?

Senek67RS
03-05-2021, 08:27 PM
What car are those visors out of?

Dodge Challenger

joeko23
03-06-2021, 09:50 AM
Awesome thanks! What are you planning to use for a rear view mirror?

Senek67RS
03-06-2021, 10:36 AM
Awesome thanks! What are you planning to use for a rear view mirror?

Sparc Industries is making mirrors now, so I ordered mine from them. Haven't received it yet, but hoping to get it this week. https://sparc.industries/products/interior-rear-view-mirror

Senek67RS
03-08-2021, 07:52 PM
A couple of pics with the visors installed and the A pillars finished up. Both the visors and the A pillars were wrapped in alcantara, with the tweeters hidden in the A pillars. Going to be installing the front seats and the door sills in the next couple of days and then I get to pick her up.

mc84_zz4
03-10-2021, 07:23 AM
Outstanding work! I can imagine all the other details that will become noticeable at night..
Great choices in the interior!

Senek67RS
03-10-2021, 08:27 AM
Outstanding work! I can imagine all the other details that will become noticeable at night..
Great choices in the interior!

Thanks, bud. Pretty pumped to see the whole thing come together

Senek67RS
03-15-2021, 05:00 PM
Well, the day has finally come to pick the car up from the interior shop tomorrow. Already have an appointment with a tuner right after I pick the car up, so should get the tune done and some pulls on the dyno to see what it is putting down. Thought I would send some pics, but will take final pics and post when I get it home.

Motown 454
03-15-2021, 07:12 PM
Wow it looks beautiful! Glad it coming home. What did they use to make the back seat the CTS V seat frame? What ever they used it SWEET!
We need Dyno videos!

Senek67RS
03-15-2021, 07:30 PM
I am not certain what they used for the base, but they hand shape the foam for the contour of the seat. Just was never curious enough to ask lol. I will ask him tomorrow when I pick it up though. I will definitely get some vids from the dyno tomorrow and post them. Still some touch up to do on the car, going to black out the rest of the chrome around the windows. The doors need to be adjusted with all the weight in them now. But all pretty minor from here on out.

Senek67RS
03-16-2021, 10:49 AM
Wow it looks beautiful! Glad it coming home. What did they use to make the back seat the CTS V seat frame? What ever they used it SWEET!
We need Dyno videos!

I asked him and they are 100% custom made. The used expanded pvc and fiberglass for the base and then shaped the foam by hand.

joeko23
03-16-2021, 05:06 PM
Sorry to bug you about this again, but are the buttons on the back of the seat working? If so how did they wire them up?

TANKMASTERJ
03-16-2021, 06:11 PM
I too love the carbon fiber accents with the white. I too will be mixing the two in mine.
Your car is totally kickin'
Jason

Senek67RS
03-16-2021, 07:18 PM
Sorry to bug you about this again, but are the buttons on the back of the seat working? If so how did they wire them up?

They do not work, I asked when I was there today.

Senek67RS
03-16-2021, 07:22 PM
I too love the carbon fiber accents with the white. I too will be mixing the two in mine.
Your car is totally kickin'
Jason

Thanks, man. The seats are actually like a cream color vs. white. I actually got the idea from my wife's old car, but felt that it would go well with the exterior paint. The carbon fiber I did on the exterior just happened to tie into the interior with those seat panels. You can get those cover panels on ebay made specifically for M4 seats, which is what I did. Nothing too crazy in terms of fab work, but worked out well and I am happy with it.

Motown 454
03-16-2021, 08:30 PM
Thanks for asking for me.

slimjim
03-17-2021, 05:51 AM
In my eyes this is the perfect build quality. you haven't gone too deep into any one direction to restrict yourself from using the car to it's full potential. It's the perfect street car capable of also attending car shows and race events with ease, the exact standard I'm striving to achieve.
Can't wait to see you put some miles on it

Senek67RS
03-17-2021, 07:54 AM
Thanks for asking for me.

No problem!

Senek67RS
03-17-2021, 08:00 AM
In my eyes this is the perfect build quality. you haven't gone too deep into any one direction to restrict yourself from using the car to it's full potential. It's the perfect street car capable of also attending car shows and race events with ease, the exact standard I'm striving to achieve.
Can't wait to see you put some miles on it

You described exactly what I was going for here. I am looking forward to getting to know her a little better and having some fun. :) Unfortunately, that will have to wait a little longer. I took her to the dyno yesterday and as we hooked up, started to get some codes for cylinders 3 & 7 not firing, then 1 went. We started chasing the problem down after we got the car home and my pocket was $500 lighter. Looks like the wires pulled from the clip going to the odd side coil harness. We are going to repin those today and hopefully that clears up the issues and then back to the tuner.

Senek67RS
03-17-2021, 01:31 PM
Was able to fix the plug and now it is firing with no codes. Got to take it for a quick ride around the neighborhood, but it definitely needs a tune. Trying to get in touch with a tuner that is closer to where I live, as the place I went yesterday is about 2 hours away. I was referred to a guy by the name of Mark Roman in the Sacramento area, but open to anyone else's suggestions, if you know of anyone. Felt good to drive something that was 2.5 years in the making!

thumper877
03-17-2021, 01:59 PM
Yeah it's nice to get all the bugs worked out and u know it's just going to be fun. I know how u feel on driving it for the first time my build was 8 years. Good luck and have a blast

Senek67RS
03-24-2021, 05:14 PM
Got it on the dyno today to see what we were looking at and it needed a tune, it was running pretty lean. A lot more fun to drive now hahaha

Stats- Max Power 566.2 @ 6321 RPM
Max Torque 526.0

Wheel Values- HP 477.8 @6335 RPMs
TQ 444.6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTM-xhm1SRw

Motown 454
03-24-2021, 07:11 PM
Nice numbers! Sounds good too.

Senek67RS
03-24-2021, 07:36 PM
Nice numbers! Sounds good too.

Thanks, Wayne! I am happy, but already thinking about some AFR heads and a cam swap🤣🤣🤣. Going to drive it a bit more and see where we end up.

John McIntire
03-25-2021, 10:38 AM
What a great feeling, congrats!!!

Senek67RS
03-25-2021, 01:22 PM
What a great feeling, congrats!!!

It did feel pretty good. I will be happy when I get the suspension fully tuned/ corner balanced. I feel like I am riding with a blown shock and all spring right now haha. That is scheduled for next Wednesday and then it will be on to whatever other gremlins we find.

John McIntire
07-30-2021, 06:06 PM
Been some time....how's it going?

Senek67RS
08-04-2021, 10:02 PM
Been some time....how's it going?

Got the suspension done, but just trying to work out some kinks. Been thinking hard about some additional power lol

no_go nico
08-05-2021, 07:11 AM
Where did you get the car corner balanced? It looks like you are in the Bay Area, so am I. Car looks awesome.

Got the suspension done, but just trying to work out some kinks. Been thinking hard about some additional power lol

John McIntire
08-05-2021, 08:22 AM
Can always go for more power!

Senek67RS
08-05-2021, 11:12 AM
Where did you get the car corner balanced? It looks like you are in the Bay Area, so am I. Car looks awesome.

I chatted with you a while ago, I am also from San Mateo, but moved to El Dorado Hills. There is a place up here in Sac called, TBR Garage. They did the dyno tune there, as well as the corner balancing. Good shop that I would recommend without hesitation.

- - - Updated - - -

Can always go for more power!

Yes indeed lol

no_go nico
08-06-2021, 08:23 AM
That's right! Thanks for the referral Ill check out TBR

I chatted with you a while ago, I am also from San Mateo, but moved to El Dorado Hills. There is a place up here in Sac called, TBR Garage. They did the dyno tune there, as well as the corner balancing. Good shop that I would recommend without hesitation.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes indeed lol

Senek67RS
02-05-2022, 04:29 PM
Well, I had been contemplating on what direction I wanted to go for more power. Opted to just go with a ported LSA blower, BTR Stage 3 Cam, Titanium Valve Springs, Brass Trunion upgrade, pushrods, new Wegner front drive.

Had to change my front drive, as the Drive Junky High Mount AC wouldn't work with the LSA Blower. Swapped the cam today, am halfway done with the valve springs, and should hopefully finish those up by tomorrow, or sometime this week. Good feeling to have parts going back on at this point.

Have been running the valve covers from Shaun's Custom Alloy with coil relocation brackets on the back of the block, but I am thinking of running the Wegner valve covers and
just hiding the coils on the valve covers. Haven't been able to figure out a way to run the plug wires that I like, or that looks clean.

SinisterSpeed
02-09-2022, 09:51 AM
Nice work, I just can't get over the interior!

dmc69
02-09-2022, 10:32 AM
Beautiful build!!! The interior is perfect!

ryeguy2006a
02-10-2022, 05:21 AM
You're going to love the LSA supercharger! What a great upgrade.

Senek67RS
02-10-2022, 08:13 AM
You're going to love the LSA supercharger! What a great upgrade.

Have to thank you, as you convinced me to go this direction and shared quite a bit of insight.

ryeguy2006a
02-10-2022, 09:55 AM
How much boost do you plan to run? And I can't remember, what motor do you have?

Senek67RS
02-10-2022, 10:36 AM
How much boost do you plan to run? And I can't remember, what motor do you have?

11#s of boost on a crate 6.2 LS3 7.96 Crank Pulley with a 2.45 upper

Senek67RS
02-15-2022, 11:10 PM

Got a chance to work on finishing putting the heads back together. Removed the coil relocation brackets off the back of the block, as I’m moving to the Wegner hidden valve covers. Going to tackle a little more clean up and swap a few hoses, then fit the lower. Oh, and those valve retainers were a pain in my ass on a few lol

ryeguy2006a
02-16-2022, 05:18 AM
11#s of boost on a crate 6.2 LS3 7.96 Crank Pulley with a 2.45 upper

Great number to shoot for. That's almost exactly what I'm running in my car, but I have a 2.50" upper. I'm hitting around 11 psi on full boost. A few things crossed my mind that you may want to consider. The way that the injectors are located in the LSA lower, they are very tight, as well as the coil locations on the valve covers. I was planning to use my stock coils and relocate the brackets down about 1" so that everything would clear. I came across a deal on a set of Holly valve covers, so I ended up running those. My point is to check and make sure that you'll have the clearance you need before going with those hidden valve covers.

Also, have you removed the dowel pin in the LSA lower? If not, you won't be able to bolt them down to the LS3 heads. The dowel pin is in a different location. If you can find/make a jig for drilling the heads you can do that, or a lot of guys use a chisel and break the dowel off.

Senek67RS
02-16-2022, 09:45 AM
Great number to shoot for. That's almost exactly what I'm running in my car, but I have a 2.50" upper. I'm hitting around 11 psi on full boost. A few things crossed my mind that you may want to consider. The way that the injectors are located in the LSA lower, they are very tight, as well as the coil locations on the valve covers. I was planning to use my stock coils and relocate the brackets down about 1" so that everything would clear. I came across a deal on a set of Holly valve covers, so I ended up running those. My point is to check and make sure that you'll have the clearance you need before going with those hidden valve covers.

Also, have you removed the dowel pin in the LSA lower? If not, you won't be able to bolt them down to the LS3 heads. The dowel pin is in a different location. If you can find/make a jig for drilling the heads you can do that, or a lot of guys use a chisel and break the dowel off.

My understanding from Wegner was, there shouldn't be an issue with fitment, fingers crossed. I have not removed the dowel, yet, but that is the plan. I had asked you about that jig, but believe you no longer had it. Not a big deal, sounds like that is what everyone does with these lowers and haven't heard any issues. Fingers crossed there, too, I suppose.

Senek67RS
02-19-2022, 05:10 PM
197242197243197244Got the front drive on today and test fit the lower. Would have liked to get the lower bolted down, but forgot to order the intake manifold bolts 🤦🏼*♂️. Oh well, should be here Tuesday and I’ll slap them in. I’m hoping to have everything under the hood done by the end of next weekend. Couple of pics

joeko23
02-20-2022, 06:36 PM
Will you be able to close the hood?

Senek67RS
02-20-2022, 11:58 PM
Will you be able to close the hood?

we checked and the lid fits with about an inch of clearance. Was worried for a second as well lol

joeko23
02-21-2022, 05:07 AM
That’s great! A lot of peoples don’t including mine. Maybe its because you didn’t put the LSA plastic cover?

ryeguy2006a
02-21-2022, 06:27 AM
Wow, that engine bay looks incredible! Looks right at home.

Senek67RS
02-21-2022, 08:59 AM
That’s great! A lot of peoples don’t including mine. Maybe its because you didn’t put the LSA plastic cover?

As far as I can tell, it looks like I have enough clearance. And yes, I am not using the engine cover.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, that engine bay looks incredible! Looks right at home.

Thanks, bud! I have to say, I am extremely happy with the way things are turning out.

Motown 454
02-21-2022, 09:54 AM
That looks great in there, the Wegner is a sweet setup. The engine cover won't fit it hit on mine.

Senek67RS
02-21-2022, 01:57 PM
That looks great in there, the Wegner is a sweet setup. The engine cover won't fit it hit on mine.

But it did fit without the cover, or did you have to trim the hood?

Motown 454
02-21-2022, 05:31 PM
Yup! no problem.

Senek67RS
02-21-2022, 09:17 PM
Yup! no problem.

thanks, Wayne, that’s what it looked like to me as well

JuStBlAzIN
03-16-2022, 02:48 PM
Amazing work! Looks like it is out of a magazine.

Manny1522
03-16-2022, 10:25 PM
197242197243197244Got the front drive on today and test fit the lower. Would have liked to get the lower bolted down, but forgot to order the intake manifold bolts 🤦🏼*♂️. Oh well, should be here Tuesday and I’ll slap them in. I’m hoping to have everything under the hood done by the end of next weekend. Couple of pics

Wow that looks so good! Nice work! I am excited for the amazing turn out!