PDA

View Full Version : Power Steering Box

elwaupo
11-26-2018, 05:13 PM
I have a 69 Camaro that I just installed a Tru-Turn front suspension and now I知 going to replace the power steering box. I致e heard of the quick ratio 12.7 box and I知 wondering if I really need that. I did install a used 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee box and the main input steering shaft leaks so I知 going new this time. I知 not driving any type of competition, just everyday stuff.

Any advice?

c4racer2
11-27-2018, 09:08 AM
I did a lot of research and ended up with a PSC pro-touring box. They all bolt in - you can choose late 70s or 80s metric fittings depending what you want to connect it to. I am running -6 AN to a KRC elite alum pump.

I am starting the install this week.

Seems all the 12.7:1 gears are the same. Different cases are available including the 600 Delphi which are no longer made. Turn 1 and Lee sell a good ones based on the Delphi 600 case but availability is spotty at best and getting worse. So I went ahead with a PSC case for $450 using the summit cyber savings. Which is almost half the price of the 600 boxes when you can get them. I have to think the end result is going to be pretty close.

Josh@Ridetech
11-27-2018, 01:10 PM
I have one of these on my Firebird and it's fantastic. It has a nice, tight feel and the quick ratio makes the car much better. We've sold quite a few of them and had great reviews.

https://www.ridetech.com/products/steering-and-brakes/borgeson-12.7-1-600-series-steering-box/

Josh@Ridetech
11-28-2018, 05:12 AM
I replied to your PM but for some reason it's not showing up in my "sent" messages. I wanted to post on here just to make sure that it went through.

pitts64
11-28-2018, 01:02 PM
Love my Lee 14:1 with 30 pound valve.. Its not too touchy going straight down the road, snaps back to center after turns and feeds back like a manual..

David Pozzi
11-28-2018, 10:12 PM
It's very easy to change the upper seal. The box does have to come out of the car though. Unscrew the valve body from the pump and the seal is in it. On second gen camaros and later you can change it in the car.