PDA

View Full Version : Running too lean....

guyomatic
09-09-2018, 02:11 PM
I just Dyno'd my car to get a baseline. The shop noticed my car was running to lean and didn't want to take it over 5500 rpm (Red line is 7k). When I get a chance to tune it, hopefully they will fix the issue. In the meantime, I'd just like to have a better idea of what may be causing the issue. It has enough fuel pressure and I believe the O2 and MAF is okay. Any thoughts?
https://youtu.be/oe1dIWw9hoc

GoodysGotaCuda
09-09-2018, 06:34 PM
...What is controlling it? What changes have been made to it? Was it well tuned before and no longer isn't? What was the AFR? What did the o2 correction look like, is that turned on? Does your o2 agree with the dyno's o2 reading? Got a datalog?

There's a very large amount of information from this thread if you are seeking directional feedback. A video of it spinning the rollers doesn't tell me anything other than it runs..

David Pozzi
09-17-2018, 08:20 PM
On ours, the MAF had to be tuned/calibrated to the size of the inlet tube. It was underestimating air flow. I imagine this is a pretty common issue when aftermarket air inlet systems are used

andrewb70
09-18-2018, 08:58 AM
I hear turbos....it needs to be tuned! What ECU are you using?

Andrew

guyomatic
09-24-2018, 08:46 PM
Got my Camaro tuned, it runs like a champ now. thanks for the replies. They added more fuel and backed out the timing a bit.