PDA

View Full Version : Rear Led Taillights - Looking for info

68 SuperRam
12-05-2005, 01:25 PM
I am looking to purchase an LED taillight kit for my 68 for Christmas – gift for myself – what have people used brands, etc. I know that Jegs sells a kit – but wanted to know other people’s ideas /options are.

Thanks

AAW
12-05-2005, 01:43 PM
We developed a LED taillight kit. Actually the 69 is just about ready to introduce! The 68 will follow in about a month.

In July we reported that the R&D department started a project to put LED taillights in a 69 Camaro. At the conceptual level these taillights would not be rivaled by any competitors product. This meant the concept had numerous design goals that had to be met in order to live up to the stipulation that this product would be the best available, hands down.
The design goals included making the kit plug-n-play, which meant including a vehicle specific wiring harness to eliminate the need for cutting and splicing for installation. The lights also needed to significantly improve the vehicles visibility, safety, and astetics. This was accomplished by using no less than 128 very high intensity LED’s and covering the lenses with a special diffusion material that spreads the light out eliminating the spottiness normally associated with LED lighting. The functionality of the taillights was changed to improve safety by allowing part of the lens to remain a brake light while only the corner is used for a turn signal. And finally to make the light cascade across the lens by utilizing the latest technology. We have met these design goals and are proud to announce that they will be ready for sale in the next month for a retail price of $299 without taillight housings and $499 with housings.

Check with Frank from Prodigy Customs as he'll be offering them on the GP Superstore site as soon as we're ready.

If you have tech questions about it before it goes on sale - call Kris Werkley 800-482-WIRE. He's our R&D guy who developed it!

I know Larry was also excited about this new product.

It's just about ready... if you can hold off until after Christmas.

scogin918
12-06-2005, 05:20 AM
I believe Rick's 1st Generation has them in stock. www.firstgen.com