PDA

View Full Version : NE Deep Freeze Car Movie Party

Steve Chryssos
12-05-2005, 04:26 AM
Okay it's currently 27 degrees outside with an expected high of 38 degrees. So why not plan a North East car movie party. Leave the hot rod at home and bring your favorite microwavable cheese dip instead!

Does anyone have the mack daddy AV setup? Big screen? surround sound? Maybe a poker table? Whattya think?

TPI Monte SS
12-05-2005, 09:14 AM
I'd definitely bring some beverages to someone's house for a nice little get-together. I just can't host it, my casa is a bit small.

Hell, anybody have any car-related stuff that needs wrenching on over the winter? I'd be up to help out if it's in a garage.

Steve Chryssos
12-05-2005, 09:46 AM
I've got the space, but nothing fancy for a TV.

rob07002
12-05-2005, 10:24 AM
Well I've got a fair amount of space and if you count a 57" sony projection and 5.1 surround, w proggressive dvd..... Just starting the "real" home theater project over the winter, which would be real nice for this....

Steve Chryssos
12-05-2005, 11:31 AM
That sounds great Rob. Plus we've done CT and NY so maybe a little NJ is on order. How many people can you fit? Here's my movie list:
-Cannonball Run
-Hooper
-Smokey & the Bandit
-Gone in 60 Seconds (both versions)
-Eat My Dust
-Hollywood Knights
-Aloha Bobby Rose (terrible movie)
-Vanishing Point
-Two Lane Blacktop
-Blues Brothers

Stuff I'm looking for:
-Dirty Mary Crazy Larry (I want it bad!)
-Bullitt
-American Grafitti (ate by Murray, the crazy dalmation we used to have)
-Gumball Rally (ditto)
-Grand Prix
-LeMans

Ralph LoGrasso
12-05-2005, 12:10 PM
I would most likely be up for attending this, depending on the date and my schedule. Ugghhh 3-6" of snow tonight. I'm glad I wrung out the SS one last time Saturday night. Fair well until next spring good hot rod season, you will be missed...

I'd host it at my house, but with white rugs and floors, it's not the best for parties. Not to mention the 24ft long den, enhousing a miniscule 36" TV; we'd be straining to see.

rob07002
12-05-2005, 12:47 PM
Well Steve, I would say 8 - 10 people comfortably. That is seating and decent view of the screen. More can fit in the adjoining kitchen that has a view to the screen as well. I wish I was further on finishing my basement, now we're talking "home Theater". It will have theater style seating for 8 a full bar, poker/roulette/black jack table and slot machine not to mention a 100" widescreen with DLP projector and 7.1 Harmon Kardon/JBL surround....
BTW your film selection sounds great....

AAW
12-05-2005, 12:49 PM
Oooh...ooohh... I'm from Jersey and I have a better idea. Let's all watch these movies instead:

Beaches
Thelma & Louise
Pretty Woman
When Harry Met Sally
Steel Magnolias
Sleepless in Seattle
Message in a Bottle
Ghost
Father of the Bride
Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood

Then... we can all watch Lifetime together!!! Doesn't that sound like a better idea?!!

~Theresa

rob07002
12-05-2005, 12:49 PM
That sounds great Rob. Plus we've done CT and NY so maybe a little NJ is on order. How many people can you fit? Here's my movie list:
-Cannonball Run
-Hooper
-Smokey & the Bandit
-Eat My Dust
-Hollywood Knights
-Vanishing Point
-Two Lane Blacktop
-Blues Brothers

Stuff I'm looking for:
-Bullitt
-Gumball Rally (ditto)
-Grand Prix
-LeMans

What no Fast and the Furious LOL:seizure:

rob07002
12-05-2005, 12:55 PM
Oooh...ooohh... I'm from Jersey and I have a better idea. Let's all watch these movies instead:

Beaches
Thelma & Louise
Pretty Woman
When Harry Met Sally
Steel Magnolias
Sleepless in Seattle
Message in a Bottle
Ghost
Father of the Bride

Then... we can all watch Lifetime together!!! Doesn't that sound like a better idea?!!

~Theresa

:lmao:

sunkistcamaro
12-05-2005, 01:00 PM
Hey guys let me know when you’re thinking on having the get together.
Check out these movies.
Especially if your looking for the gumball movies.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=4782499&type=product&id=40378

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=product&id=1350624

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=product&id=372532

Thanks
Bill

Ralph LoGrasso
12-05-2005, 02:39 PM
Rob,

Where in New Jersey are you located? Approx how far from NYC?

toxicz28
12-05-2005, 06:04 PM

Beaches
Thelma & Louise
Pretty Woman
When Harry Met Sally
Steel Magnolias
Sleepless in Seattle
Message in a Bottle
Ghost
Father of the Bride

~Theresa
You forgot that dirty pants chick flick that my wife put me to sleep talking about! :barf:

TPI Monte SS
12-05-2005, 07:03 PM
Stuff I'm looking for:

-Bullitt
-American Grafitti

I've got those two, I could bring 'em along for the festivities!

AAW
12-06-2005, 04:59 AM
You forgot that dirty pants chick flick that my wife put me to sleep talking about! :barf:

...Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants...silly.

Ok, I'll bring that one - just for you! You can thank me later. :angel:
~Theresa~

Steve Chryssos
12-06-2005, 05:05 AM

Beaches
Thelma & Louise
Pretty Woman
When Harry Met Sally
Steel Magnolias
Sleepless in Seattle
Message in a Bottle
Ghost
Father of the Bride

~Theresa

Theresa,
I'm busy that day. If I don't have plans, I will schedule something out of fear that: 1) I will cry; and 2) a Milwaukee's Best Light will come crashing down on me.

But you're more than welcome to join us for car movie day. We should be able to find one or two car movie titles where two guys fight over the same woman or a rich guy sweeps a woman off her feet.

AAW
12-06-2005, 05:20 AM
Theresa,
I'm busy that day. If I don't have plans, I will schedule something out of fear that: 1) I will cry; and 2) a Milwaukee's Best Light will come crashing down on me.

But you're more than welcome to join us for car movie day. We should be able to find one or two car movie titles where two guys fight over the same woman or a rich guy sweeps a woman off her feet.

ha ha ha... I wouldn't rain on your parade... I was just kidding and trying to see who might be familiar with those "chick flicks"... besides, if I DID go, you'd all look a little silly drinking strawberry daquiris with little pink unbrellas that I'd bring.

rob07002
12-06-2005, 06:07 AM
Rob,

Where in New Jersey are you located? Approx how far from NYC?
Ralph, I'm about 45-60 minutes drive from midtown Manhattan going South with minimal traffic. I live about 10 minutes due North or E-Town Raceway in Old Bridge...

rob07002
12-06-2005, 06:28 AM
-Cannonball Run
-Hooper
-Smokey & the Bandit
-Eat My Dust
-Hollywood Knights
-Vanishing Point
-Two Lane Blacktop
-Blues Brothers

Stuff I'm looking for:

-Bullitt
-Gumball Rally (ditto)
-Grand Prix
-LeMans

Well since I don't think we'll get to see all these, I'll list what I think are "must see" in no particular order.....

Smokey and the Bandit
Hollywood Knights
Gone in Sixty Seconds, I actually like the newer version better
American Grafitti
Vansishing Point
Cannonball
Gumball Rally

And then mix in a few choice sceens from Bullit, Blues Brothers, Hooper, Two Lane Blacktop

Steve Chryssos
12-06-2005, 08:49 AM
ha ha ha... I wouldn't rain on your parade... I was just kidding ....

Me too.

Steve68
12-06-2005, 02:28 PM
Gotta go with 2 Lane Black Top first then the Knights, then Graffetti, What about Hot Rod!!!!!!

vanzuuk1
12-06-2005, 03:45 PM
Mad Max over and over and over...

Gsxr ken , bring the bucket.

Someone get "rendevous"

TonyHuntimer
12-06-2005, 05:28 PM
I live in California. I'm finally jealous of you east coasters. :) Maybe Steve can setup a conference call with a webcam. :fingersx:

Theresa, you are a riot!

Tony~

Beeper
12-06-2005, 05:39 PM
I refuse to drink strawberry daquari's... I would however put the little pink umbrella in my beer.:cheers:

MrAngry
12-07-2005, 10:25 AM
I'm IN!! where are we going? Mad Max would awesome... I can almost guarentee the wife will pass on this.... if she has to sit through Smokey and Bandit or Dirty Mary Crazy Larry one more time she will promptly kill me.

HMM.... a pro-toured Mad Max Interceptor... NOW THERE'S AND IDEA!!!

Movies:
Smokey and the Bandit 1 & 2
Dirty Mary Crazy Larry
Mad Max or The Road Warrior
The Wraith
No Mans Land
Vanishing Point original or remake
Bullit

This could be a very big list...

Steve Chryssos
12-07-2005, 10:31 AM
I think we're all just gonna show up at Rob's house in NJ whether he likes or or not. We'll get there real early in the A.M. so'z we can see lots and lots of movies.

He may protest at first, but once the hors dee orvies come out of the oven, he'll loosen up. Anyone up for a little Texas Hold 'em?

Tony,
You're welcome to fly out and crash at my place.

rob07002
12-07-2005, 11:17 AM
He may protest at first, but once the hors dee orvies come out of the oven, he'll loosen up. Anyone up for a little Texas Hold 'em?

No one said anything about hors! My wife might take offense at that....

I'm def up for it, when would everyone want to do this?
Got the 500 piece chip set last Christmas, can anyone teach me to play that "hold them" game :angel:

AAW
12-07-2005, 11:23 AM
:banghead:

Larry Callahan
12-07-2005, 05:17 PM

Beaches
Thelma & Louise
Pretty Woman
When Harry Met Sally
Steel Magnolias
Sleepless in Seattle
Message in a Bottle
Ghost
Father of the Bride

~Theresa

Where is that ignore button again? LOL!

Steve Chryssos
12-08-2005, 11:14 AM
[QUOTE} I'm def up for it, when would everyone want to do this?
Got the 500 piece chip set last Christmas, can anyone teach me to play that "hold them" game :angel:[/QUOTE]

Sure Rob, Texas Hold 'em is pretty easy, actually. It's your house so it's probably best of you throw some dates out. Also, don't feel obligated. if your house does not work, we can always use my place. It will be a bit more cozy, but I do have one hell of a car room. Plus I can show you the vast empire that Twist Machine has become.

C'mon Theresa. Join us.

AAW
12-08-2005, 11:31 AM
:grouphug: aawww... thanks!

I'll wait for the date and location. I'm pretty far south & west (Glassboro, 08028) & it might be too far of a haul. But I'll tell you what... if I don't go, I'll at least mail a care package to the house where you'll all meet. I'll make sure it arrives in time for your "movie night".

So whoever commits to be host, I'll be asking for your home address.

~Theresa~

zbugger
12-08-2005, 12:30 PM
I live in California. I'm finally jealous of you east coasters. :) Maybe Steve can setup a conference call with a webcam. :fingersx:

Theresa, you are a riot!

Tony~
Hey Tony, don't be jealous. I know we can have a get together here too. Besides, this 40's and 50's weather we're having is killing me. Then again, for most others, that's barbecue weather. We'd just have to set it up on our own, now wouldn't we?

rob07002
12-08-2005, 07:58 PM
Sure Rob, Texas Hold 'em is pretty easy, actually. It's your house so it's probably best of you throw some dates out. Also, don't feel obligated. if your house does not work, we can always use my place. It will be a bit more cozy, but I do have one hell of a car room. Plus I can show you the vast empire that Twist Machine has become.

C'mon Theresa. Join us.
Not at all, it would be my pleasure, plus I have never met any of you guys so, I figure the best way is to invite a bunch of strangers and tell them where I live... Only kidding, all are more then welcome. Well as far as the date I think it would be best for me do do this in January, with the holidays coming fast, and other stuff, that would be the best time as a host and would also free up the family room once the tree is gone... And a special invite to you Theresa, If my wife does stick around for the day, I'm sure she would appreciate some estrogen to balance out all the testosterone.....lol:poke:

AAW
12-09-2005, 05:35 AM
:lmao:

toxicz28
12-09-2005, 04:00 PM
Besides, this 40's and 50's weather we're having is killing me. Then again, for most others, that's barbecue weather.

Geez! Anything above zero is barbecue weather. :yum:

toofun
12-16-2005, 05:03 AM
Hey Steve, when in doubt...... CHECK EBAY!!! Heres a link to the Dirty Mary Crazy Larry video your looking for :icon996:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2 F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=Dirty+Mary+Crazy+Larry+&category0=

Steve Chryssos
12-16-2005, 08:45 AM
Ordered it. I also bought Thunderbolt and Lightfoot. I'm gonna give both movies to my wife for Christmas. If she doesn't want them, I'll take 'em. THANKS for the heads up!!!!

Steve68
12-19-2005, 11:43 AM
Ahhh the old wooden leg story!!!

vanzuuk1
12-20-2005, 08:44 AM
I have plans january 21st/22nd , but other than that whats the plan?

Steve Chryssos
12-20-2005, 08:52 AM
I'm out that weekend as well. Sunday Jan 15th works for me.

rob07002
12-22-2005, 06:28 AM
I'll check to see whats good for me. I think the 15th would work, assuming I get back in time from a party on Saturday the 21st and 22nd is open as far as I know and the 28th and 29th look good also....

Tim_in_NC
12-22-2005, 12:05 PM
Sounds like you guys/gals are gonna have a blast...

You might also consider "Dazed and Confused" ...

I happened to watch it this weekend and found it very funny with plenty of muscle cars crusin' around...

Enjoy your gathering...

-TIM

vanzuuk1
12-31-2005, 07:35 AM
Any updates????? I am in except for the 21st.

StRacerDuke
01-02-2006, 07:57 PM
Wow, I just found this thread. I'm in!

I'm a recent transplant to the east coast as of last week. I moved out to New Haven from the Bay Area. I'm hanging out in the snow, missing my cars, not knowing any car guys, and studing for my gmat. If I can "borrow" my fiancee's car I'll be there.

Let me know when or email me. I think the 14-15-16th is a 3 day weekend so people may be out.

vanzuuk1
01-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Ryan If you are here in the spring stay in touch, I want to organize a cruise to lime rock.

StRacerDuke
01-03-2006, 01:45 PM
Keep me posted. I should be around and would love to go.

rob07002
01-24-2006, 07:42 AM
Just wanted to revive this thread. I'm super busy right now and fully immerged in my basement project on top of getting the Camaro ready to goto the chassis shop so I don't want everyone wainting on me for a date and time.... I know I said Jan would be good but man did it fly! The basement won't be even close to finished untill the end of March, but I wanted to see who is still into a get together....

Ralph LoGrasso
01-24-2006, 01:33 PM
We could always just meet at a restaurant / bar if the movie idea won't work.

AAW
01-24-2006, 01:57 PM
Well, I'm moving March 1st, so you guys could always come carry boxes if you can't find anywhere else to go to hangout.

:angel:

Theresa

vanzuuk1
01-24-2006, 03:03 PM
I am still in, if this drags on we will just meet at the east coast challenge. (see racing events)

rob07002
01-26-2006, 07:47 AM
I definatly want to meet up... I should have a better picture in a few weeks, which will put us smack dead in the middle of winter so?? In the mean time whatever works for everybody, Bar, Reasturant,

Ralph LoGrasso
01-26-2006, 03:24 PM
It's probably best to see who is attending, where they're coming from and then pick somewhere in the middle. I'll more than likely be attending, I'd be coming from Eastern LI.

AAW
02-06-2006, 03:18 PM
Hey... did you guys all catch up & forget to tell me? :hmm:

:secret: ~ psst. "She watches Lifetime, Don't tell her where we'll be."

~Theresa~

Ralph LoGrasso
02-06-2006, 08:26 PM
LOL, No worries, Theresa. We haven't set anything up yet.

BonzoHansen
02-17-2006, 11:32 AM
I'd just like to say in honor of you guys, last Sunday after I dug out, I watched Cannonball Run on DVD.

ba ba, ba ba, ba ba, ba ba, ba ba, **** :)

AAW
04-06-2006, 06:33 AM
Is this thread dead?
Maybe we'll all meet up at Power Tour instead...

rob07002
04-06-2006, 07:05 AM
Well sort of I guess... It's partly my fault as I haven't had the time to organize it... I've been neck deep in finishing my basement and haven't seen daylight on the weekends since the begining of January... I know I volunteered to host but didn't expect how bad the timing would be... Sorry!

I am meeting Ralph and a few of the guys tonight in NYC, so we can discuss a meet up at the PT this summer.... I don't think the Camaro will make it this year but I wll be at the very least at E-Town Raceway both Saturday and Sunday, so count me in to meet up.... I'm trying to get some of my friends to do the tour from PA, but their in the same boat with their cars. I won't know who is doing what till last minute....

I will try to hold movie day next winter, once the room is done.....