PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a metal garage

70ptta
08-04-2018, 09:49 AM
Hey guys need more car storage with out breaking the bank. Does any one have those metal garages not a pole barn but the thin sheet metal. I see them posted for pretty reasonable prices. Do they get hot and are they loud during the raining season? Water hitting the thin roof.

AU Doc
08-09-2018, 10:37 AM
My neighbor has a metal building that he uses for his business. It's big. To deal with the issues you mentioned, he had his spray foamed on the inside. If it wasn't for the HOA here, I'd probably have one, too. I like that you can get a wide span with no poles.

dhutton
08-09-2018, 02:30 PM
Yes they are hot. I had mine spray foamed and it made a big difference. Eave vents and ridge vents can help too.

Don

pittpens24
08-10-2018, 02:38 AM
My dad has one. I would suggest pouring a concrete floor and be sure to use vapor barrier and spray foam as suggested above. He just set his on a leveled crushed stone base to keep his lawn tractors and such. It is always damp in there and on hot humid days, everything is soaking wet in there.

70ptta
08-20-2018, 10:57 AM
Definitely will be pouring a slab since I’ll be putting a lift sooner or later. I don’t have a huge property so I’m limited in where I can put it. It’s going to be close to my bedroom windows. I’m worried the rain hitting the roof will be loud. Sounds like the foam spray is a must.

Tincup
08-20-2018, 11:19 AM
I have one, Can't say I would really recommend it. It's a pain in the ass every time you want to do anything to the building. I actually built wood walls inside so you can run the wiring and add insulation, and even hang stuff on the walls. If I had it to do over, I think I would do a wood garage.