PDA

View Full Version : Still having trouble

mtuck
12-01-2005, 06:02 PM
I am hoping that someone will be able to point me in the right direction. My car is still not running at all. Before the car would start and pop the fuse in the ignition. I have replaced the alternator(twice), voltage regulator, and starter. Now the car will not even turn over. I am getting power to the electric fuel pump and the dash gauges. But the car will not even turn over. Where should I start to look now. I am getting very upset with this problem. As the car was running fine when i sent it off to paint. I talked with them and they said all they did was finish painting the car and pull it out of the garage to put it on a truck to bring it back to me. Then when they went to get in it, it would not start....

Thanks for any advice and help..

Matthew

P.S. If there are any people in Houston that could come over and help me fix it, I have a refrigerator full of beer....hahaha

derekf
12-01-2005, 06:38 PM
"Car won't turn over" - I'd start by a) verifying that you've got +12v at the battery and at the main lug on the starter and b) pulling fuses/disconnecting circuits until the remaining circuits behaved better.

Since it's just back from paint, my initial thought would be that you're having ground issues... but better to start at the start and work from there.