PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars DVDs

KrisHorton
09-21-2004, 03:32 AM
Can't wait! I have granted myself the day off and declared it a national day of nerdiness! See you all on Wednesday....

Just kidding....I'll probably be watching them on my computer while I try to get some work done.

Either way, to those Star Wars fans out there, be sure to check out the DVD's. I heard that the movies have been enhanced a great deal. Only problem is that purists might disapprove of the additional changes that were made for continuity reasons. I personally like the idea of making the original trilogy blend with the prequels a but better. Juist me though.

Kris

Steve1968LS2
09-21-2004, 07:18 AM
We are going to Costco to get ours at 5pm tonight :D

Will probley watch "new hope" tonight... I just love them movies!!

Ralph LoGrasso
09-21-2004, 02:09 PM
I've been waiting for this to come out for a while now. I don't really have time to pick them up tonight, but I will very soon. I've loved Star Wars since I first saw it when I was like 9, I have over 200 of the 3 3/4" figures. Man, it would be nice to get that money back, now. :doh: Oh well, Star Wars > all....Boba Fett > everyone else.

MuscleRodz
09-21-2004, 02:25 PM
You know what is sad about this thread is that a lot of the guys on this site wasn't even a twinkle in their moma's eyes when the original STAR WARS came out. :seizure: I was lucky enough to go see it at the drive in in the back of my dad's Vega wagon in my PJ's when I was 7! :headbang:

Mike

BlazerSpeed
09-21-2004, 04:11 PM
call me a big ole dork, but I'm kinda annoyed that Lucas isn't putting the originals out. My ass he envisioned a digital Jabba back in the 70's :bsjerk: it should ahve been done like the Alien Quad set, the originals and the directors cuts, both are in the set. Guess I'll just stick to my VHS copies then huh?
DEREK

MrQuick
09-21-2004, 06:33 PM
Yeah i'll have to go next week, I camped out in line last night dressed up like Chewy but got arrested for indecent exsposure and lude behavior. I was caught playing with my lightsaber with my Wookie hanging out! :enguard:
I can't wait to get it...but what the hell am I gonna do with my lazer disc and 2 vhs sets? I was 8 when I first saw it. What a blast!

Ralph LoGrasso
09-21-2004, 08:16 PM
Yeah i'll have to go next week, I camped out in line last night dressed up like Chewy but got arrested for indecent exsposure and lude behavior. I was caught playing with my lightsaber with my Wookie hanging out! :enguard:
I can't wait to get it...but what the hell am I gonna do with my lazer disc and 2 vhs sets? I was 8 when I first saw it. What a blast!

:lmao: :lol: :lmao: That's priceless!!!

yody
09-22-2004, 11:30 AM
I think it really sucks how htey digitized everything, i just watched a new hope, and was highly dissapointed that jaba was a digital character

KrisHorton
09-23-2004, 11:35 PM
Well, technically, Jabba was digital in the first release of the Special Edition movies ('97.) He was pretty crappy though as the FX team didn't have much to work with. At least this time around he looks more like he does in all the other movies. I think the quality is stellar too, though I can understand the purist's point of view in that the original shouldn't be changed, but I'm just a big fan of special effects.

Pro-touring towncar
09-24-2004, 06:39 AM
I just picked it up yesterday, watched the first last night, didn't really see much changes over the SE from 97. But hey I have been a fan since 77. Just waiting for 3 to come out an tie it together( big feat to pull off)

Vince, you need help. We need to send over the nice gentleman with your new long sleave coat and take you to a nice soft room for a while.

Tim

MrQuick
09-24-2004, 05:31 PM
haa thats good Tim, but im real good at evaiding the authorities, not to mention my Jedi skills are improving, check it.... you don't want to build a Town car, you want to build an 83 LeBaron... yeah thats the ticket! :hammer: the original Jaba looked like Uncle Owen, its better than nothing... who did shoot first Greedo or Han????

Pro-touring towncar
09-24-2004, 07:12 PM
Jedi mind tricks don't work on me I an wyoming. If you will excuse me I have to go build my Lebaron.

Tim

harshman
09-25-2004, 02:27 PM
I watched return last night. Is it me or did the whole movie seem to be a little brighter? I could see things in the shadows that I never saw before and the details were much clearer.