PDA

View Full Version : No Limit rail stiffner kit

CSG
03-05-2018, 07:37 AM
http://nolimit.net/products#!/Camaro-Firebird-Side-Rail-Stiffener/p/84693319/category=13101095

Anyone have images of this installed? I believe I understand all except for the welded nut pieces. Do these just attach through the floor? It appears that the larger piece goes on the inside of the pinch weld with the larger side parallel with the ground. Then the smaller long piece goes on the outside of the pinch weld. Thanks for any help.

RobNoLimit
03-05-2018, 05:15 PM
I will try to post up some install picts tuesday.

RobNoLimit
03-06-2018, 10:25 AM
The concept of the Rail Stiffener is to construct a large torque beam that spans from the "A" pillar, back past the "B" pillar and to the OE Torque Box. (where the rear leaf mount pocket/rail is). The kit is designed to work with almost any subframe and with or without subframe connectors. Although, for best results, we recommend subframe connectors. The long strip is basically a long load washer. This fits on the outside of the pinchweld under the rocker. The mail rail panel has welded nuts to accept the hardware through the pinch weld. To connect the inside edge of the rail stiffener to the subframe, there are 3 weld-on tabs. These need to be fitted and welded to the subframe. Then, the tabs bolt through to the rail stiffener. Connecting the rocker, "A", and "B" pillar to the subframe. If you have subframe connectors, there are three additional tabs to connect the rail stiffener to the subframe connector.
The OE subframe really only has four mounts. The front two for the core support are not helping. The mass of the rear body is held by the A,B, and rocker to connect through the floor to the front sub. Our goal here is to solidly connect the A, B, rocker and torque box to the subframe and connectors to construct a large 'tube' down the outside of the chassis. A cleaner sight line and side impact safety are also benefits. Hope this helps explain it.

CSG
03-07-2018, 07:48 AM
Thank you for posting. I was not understanding the tabs that weld to the subframe. I will probably pick this kit up but may modify it some. Since I am replacing the floor I may extend the inside vertical up the rocker to add more "beam".