PDA

View Full Version : How long did your DSE sub take to come in?

CSG
02-20-2018, 09:22 AM
I purchased a DSE subframe and quadralink back on December 4. I have yet to receive it. I keep being given "next week" type answers. This is through a vendor that I assume is just passing along what DSE tells them. So how long should these parts take to come in? I'm about to reverse payment with Visa.

gearhead23
02-20-2018, 09:35 AM
This does not pass the smell test. I would speak with DSE directly about this ASAP. DSE will not give you the run around. You can deal with them directly and you probably should unless you have a very trusting relationship with a builder/vendor.

dhutton
02-20-2018, 10:23 AM
Which vendor? I’ve had some unexplained long deliveries from a vendor. I suspect there may be a cash flow issue.....

Don

CSG
02-20-2018, 10:43 AM
MCB. They emailed me just now and said it shipped early this week. I will update when I know more.

dhutton
02-20-2018, 10:47 AM
MCB. They emailed me just now and said it shipped early this week. I will update when I know more.

Different vendor than the one I used.

Don

icemanrd19
02-20-2018, 11:26 AM
3 or 4 weeks when i ordered from MCB.

dontlifttoshift
02-20-2018, 11:31 AM
It varies, but that kind of lead time is not unheard of.

AU Doc
02-20-2018, 12:19 PM
Most of the car parts I've ordered lately have had LONG lead times. Several months for my suspension parts. The Holley engine controller I ordered back before Christmas is not expected to ship for another month or two. My orders have been from reputable vendors (site sponsors). Apparently there are a lot of manufacturers playing catch up right now.

TheJDMan
02-20-2018, 04:32 PM
You do not need to be concerned about Matt at MCB. He has no control over the manufacturer he is just the dealer and he is just telling you what he is being told. I ordered my subframe direct from DSE back in 2012 and it was delivered in 5 days. I suspect DSE is much busier these days and I would expect lead times to be longer as well.

jlo92883
02-20-2018, 06:45 PM
Mine took a week from summit>

Highroller54
02-20-2018, 08:46 PM
I ordered front and rear and it took a month. I believe my front clip was done sooner and was waiting on the quadralink to be finished though. Right from dse.

slimjim
02-21-2018, 05:50 AM
I was in DSE not too long ago and they have piles of subframes and a production line of guys fabricating the other parts, I'd be surprised if the hold up is with them. Contact the dealer you bought through, get an purchase number, then call DSE, see if they have matching numbers in their system.

If DSE is truly behind It may be due to parts they don't make in house like shocks or R&P.

I've done this before to find the dealer I paid money to, who was telling me it was on its way, hadn't even placed the order yet...

dhutton
02-21-2018, 06:20 AM
Summit is showing a mid April delivery for DSE subframes not in their inventory so I think the issue is with DSE and not MCB....

Don

CSG
02-21-2018, 06:40 AM
I was told that it was shock parts holding up the order a few weeks back. I was not trying to blame anyone which is why I did not originally post that I purchased through MCB, I was just starting to get concerned because of how long it was taking and did not want to pass up the point where I could get VISA to reverse the charge. I believe everything is good now but will know for sure once the parts arrive.

csouth
02-21-2018, 07:26 AM
I was told that it was shock parts holding up the order a few weeks back. I was not trying to blame anyone which is why I did not originally post that I purchased through MCB, I was just starting to get concerned because of how long it was taking and did not want to pass up the point where I could get VISA to reverse the charge. I believe everything is good now but will know for sure once the parts arrive.

In any case, you could always call DSE and confirm your order was received from MCB if you were worried. I've ordered lots from MCB in the past and never had a problem.

spacepirate
02-21-2018, 10:43 AM
When I ordered mine a couple years ago, mine got held up for several weeks because they were waiting on their shocks. Best advice is like everyone has stated. Call DSE directly and just ask them about your order.

badolds
02-21-2018, 12:20 PM
I don't think the op was bashing or anything like that but I just want to give another thumbs up to MCB. I ordered quite a bit of stuff from them a while back and had tons of questions, the lady who helped me was knowledgeable and patient. And they also had the best price by far on what I was looking at.

Dan

LonghornJPS
02-21-2018, 07:45 PM
Just picked my subframe up at DSE today, ordered through MCB on Black Friday sale. It’s a thing of beauty, and both DSE and MCB have been first-rate to deal with.

CSG
02-22-2018, 05:24 AM
The freight company called yesterday and it is ready to pick up. If it is not raining this evening then I will head over to Texas and pick it up.

CSG
02-23-2018, 05:14 PM
I picked up my parts today! I have not had time to inventory it all but i expect all is good.