PDA

View Full Version : Will Ridetech Tru Turn Steering Components Clear Holley 302-2 Oilpan stock subframe?

hp jnkey
02-05-2018, 10:50 AM
Had a shop which has done LS conversions tell me that the Ridetech Tru Turn steering
components that are on my car might interfere with the Holley oil pan which I plan to use
on my LQ9 engine.

The Holley oil pan I bought for the engine is part number is 302-2 GM LS Retro-fit unit.

My car has the stock sub-frame which is staying in the car.

Can anyone let me know if this is true or false?

What if I use adjustable motor mounts, will that help?

Please chime in.

rood69
02-26-2018, 06:53 AM
I just went through this . I spent a month researching what options to use and I finally went with autokraft oil pan . They are highly recommended by reputable sources.

dondb
03-02-2018, 06:25 PM
I'm running a lq9 bottom end with a 302-2 oil pan and the tru-turn works with the longer pitman and idler arms. There are different length arms for the 67,68 and 69 camaro's. The thing that was hard to make room was having to flatten one (brand new) of the header tubes to make clearance. There is video on the web showing there is no HP loss by making some adjustments to the header tubes.

Bwheeler287
03-30-2018, 05:12 PM
im running a 69 camaro with an ls3/t56 using the holley ls swap components. engine mounts, headers, 302-2 pan and the ridetech tru turn setup. just completed the car so no road time as of yet but i did have MINOR contact between the pan and the ridetech center link bracket. It has an area that steps out to follow the contour of the oem centerlink on each side. At that point on each side of it, it would barely contact at full lock in each direction. Some grinding with a flap disk in those areas (of the tru turn centerlink) took care of the issue. It was a minor amount, nothing that would compromise the integrity of the system. I also ended up building in some steering stops to keep my wheels out of the muscle bar at full lock, once i did that, it further more ensured there wouldnt be any contact. If i remember correctly it seems like the 301-1 pan doesnt intrude on that space quite as much. holley has some photos on their website showing an overlay comparison of the two pans. the point of contact is at the very front and bottom of the sump. if the 301-1 is shorter front to rear that of the 302-2 like i used, then you have even more room. (using their engine location of course)

MAGONSTERZ68
04-20-2018, 09:37 PM
ls2, 68 camaro, tru turn system, hotchkis 2" coils, holley 302-2 pan fits like a glove.

xavier296
04-23-2018, 10:05 PM
The Holley engineer on ls1tech has said that tru-turn has recently been changed, and it no longer fits well with the 302-2. I have the older setup with the 302-2, and it makes very incidental contact. I modified the ride tech part like Bwheeler did above and have put approx 5k miles on the setup, including extensive canyon carving.