PDA

View Full Version : Noisy TKO 600

Chicane 73
11-29-2005, 11:04 PM
I recently installed a TKO 600 and it seems to be noisier than the M21 I replaced. It's been about 2 months since the install but I have not driven the car very often. I'm wondering if it will get quieter as the gears wear in? Has anyone experienced this with their new tranny?

Other than the noise factor I absolutely love the thing,third gear alone is so awesome. Fifth on the freeway seems to be getting quieter,maybe it's my imagination though. Please let me know if any of you are experiencing the same thing. Thanks.:drive:

MrQuick
11-29-2005, 11:41 PM
what type of fluid are you running? Is the noise confined to a certain gear? RPM? Speed? Coasting? Accel? I've had a few that were whiney and slightly notchy.

Chicane 73
11-29-2005, 11:56 PM
Whiney is the right word. Like when you're in the lower gears,before you get into your cruising gear. It seems quieter in the higher gears. I do not know what fluid they put in.What do you use for normal everyday driving?Do you use something different for racing? What do you mean by notchy? I do experience a bit of a problem finding third if I am hammering it. Other than that it's great.

GMJim
11-30-2005, 07:30 AM
Chicane 73

The TKO is not usually noisey. The recommended fluid is GM Synchromesh and as a secondary choice you can run Dexron4. Where did you buy your transmission? There is a possibillity that the noise could be caused by something else though. Please PM me to talk about it.

Jim