PDA

View Full Version : Mast Motorsports

fastd
12-25-2017, 08:01 AM
wondering if anyone has experience with mast motorsports? thinking about the 600 road and track engine for my pro touring build of '72 firebird. will have chassisworks subframe and rear. would like a competent road course and xcross car a few times a year but mostly street car.

i like higher rpm engine than low end torque. this engine is supposed to go to 7000 rpm.

really wondering a out the expense vs a gm crate motor.

thanks

csouth
12-25-2017, 09:52 AM
I would suspect that a MAST motor would be better than a GM Crate motor for high performance in most circumstances. Remember the crate is built for the masses, while the MAST is build for smaller demographic.
We have some MAST users here that I'm sure will offer feedback

1badchicken
01-01-2018, 01:35 PM
wondering if anyone has experience with mast motorsports? thinking about the 600 road and track engine for my pro touring build of '72 firebird. will have chassisworks subframe and rear. would like a competent road course and xcross car a few times a year but mostly street car.

i like higher rpm engine than low end torque. this engine is supposed to go to 7000 rpm.

really wondering a out the expense vs a gm crate motor.

thanks

Purchased two engines from Mast. LSX 454 and a LS7.

PM me if you would like to discuss. Also do a thread search and PM other mast customers that you find in your search.

fastd
01-05-2018, 11:52 AM
fyi, I decided to go with a GM crate motor; probably the 525 hp (or the 480 hp); thanks for your input.