PDA

View Full Version : Morrison Triangulated 4-Bar Rear Clip Info

jglover
11-28-2005, 08:01 PM
Has anyone used this set up on a 1st Gen Camaro?
Thanks, Jason

CraigMorrison
11-28-2005, 08:44 PM
Hi Jason-

We've sold a lot of chassis recently for the 1st gens that use a tri 4-bar in the back. Also a lot of clips and suspension kits. Without calling the owners, I can't say how many are out on the street. I do have quite a bit of experience with the same suspension under our GT55 package. It is killer! Rides nice and works great around corners.

I'm sure that people will chime in about 3 links, but if you are going to be using your car on the street more than on the track 85-95 street and once and awhile on the track, I think our setup would work out great for you.

BTW, do you post on any of the Vette forums. Just registered for one today, and your avitar looks familiar.......

Hope this helps, if not, let me know!
Craig

TitoJones
11-28-2005, 09:10 PM
We have a former drag race 69 Z/28 in our shop getting a T56 swap, and he installed a Morrison 4 bar under the back of it. It looks well thought out, and rides very smooth on the street. The car has no front or rear sway bar (former drag car) so going around corners was not all it could be, as the seats didn't hold me in place enough to counter the leaning effect.
I'll try and get some pics posted later tomorrow.

Tyler

jglover
11-29-2005, 07:43 PM
Craig… you may have seen my avatar on the Chevy Talk tri-five forum. The 57 was my “new” project until I caught the PT-bug and bought a basket case 69. If you look at my picture trail account you will see what I mean. Because of all the rust I think it would be easier to replace the rear with a whole new sub frame and then tie it into the front using a roll bar and some nice tinwork. My original plan was to use the four-link sub frame but move the frame rails out for stability, and to use a pan-hard or watts link to keep the rear centered. This way I could adjust the bars to be parallel on the street and then move the upper bars down to get a bite at the drag strip. The question I have is, would this set up be OK for an auto-x or open track event?
What would be the benefits of the tri-4 bar over the regular four-link with a panhard bar?
Tyler… I’m looking forward to those pictures.
Thanks, Jason

killer69
11-30-2005, 12:03 PM
We are in the process of installing one next week but we are going to use the factory frame rails and the factory front spring hanger for the lower bars, the uppers will be a bit tight and we are going to have to box into the area behind the seat but shouldnt be too big a deal, if you want we could make an extra set of boxes for you at the same time