PDA

View Full Version : Help picking 69 camaro suspension... Stock style

1985fiero
11-22-2017, 09:00 AM
After what seems like weeks of research I am still unsure what I want to do working on a new project 69 Camaro wanting to do a restomod well handling car.. not interested in doing four link or anything crazy wanting to keep leaf springs under it and not cut the car too much.

My current plan is during Black Friday take advantage of some sales I was going to buy speed Tech upper and lower control arms a Hotchkis front sway bar and Hotchkis rear leaf springs and front coil springs and matching Hotchkis shocks the new Fox ones. Also going to do the IROC steering box conversion this car has a LS6 and T56

Probably do some light autocross and just have fun driving this one. What's everyone's take on Hotchkis & am I better off piecing together other parts for a better combination or getting this package that is designed to work together

mike@sim-seats
11-22-2017, 10:50 AM
Do you know the weight of the car? That's a critical piece to pick a spring rate.

I don't know what the hotchkis kit spring rate is, but I would suggest calling them and talking about what you have. They may have another suggestion for you.

My go-to recommendation is to get adjustable spring perches/spacers, pick out the rate you want from the speedway motors catalog (springs are ~$80/pair), and put it with the best shocks you can afford.

Don't forget about the tires. Tires are the biggest piece of a car that handles well.

DT69Cam
11-22-2017, 11:47 AM
Without going all out the Hotchkis stuff is fine.

Chad-1stGen
11-22-2017, 10:24 PM
Make sure you address the camber gain issue these cars have. Something none of the parts on your list do. Ways to do it from least to most expensive: Guldstrand mod, tall ball joint, tall spindle, aftermarket subframe.