PDA

View Full Version : Lowered leaf springs - First gen camaro

*i2ayman*
11-21-2017, 12:52 AM
What are you guys using for lowered leaf springs?

I want to bring the rear down from standard height, currently have multi leaf springs fitted. I have another factory set of multi leafs that i was going to get reset locally, until i found out what they want to do the job. Been quoted $370 to reset, with no guarantees on the end result. Seems i might be better off selling the multis locally and getting a new set of lowered springs.

I have a big block car with hotchkis springs fitted up front, and koni adjustable shocks. I'm looking to bring the rear down 2-3 inches. Do i go for one of the progressive rate springs? The summit spring rate seems soft in comparison to the others.

Prices from Summit
- Summit 2" drop 112lbs/in rate - $191
- Detroit Speed - $395
- BMR 2" drop 190lbs/in progressive rate - $314
- Hotchkis 3" drop progressive rate - $492

Whats everyones thoughts?

fishface
11-21-2017, 03:27 AM
Hi, I went with the Hotchkis 1.5 drop and wasn't nearly enough on my 69. I realize I could use lowering blocks but want it down about 1- 1.25. in hindsight I should have went with the complete dse kit at least 2 if not 3. I did leave the hardware somewhat loose while settling but wasn't a real noticable improvement. Hopefully that helps and there are others here much more knowledgeable than I that can help.