PDA

View Full Version : STAY AWAY FROM FESLER BUILT! Bad flush mount glass.

All4rocks
10-24-2017, 08:48 PM
I purchased a set of flush mount glass for my 67 Mustang fastback from Fesler built online using my visa card on Feb 27145595145596145597145598145595145596145597145598 145599th 2017. Glass was delivered approx 3 weeks later. No promise of a delivery date just an estimated time of 2-3 weeks. I am unsatisfied with the Quality of this glass. Not only did it not have an even reveal (supposed to be 1/4") to the sheetmetal but the rear window was too big too fit in the opening. Both bottom corners on the rear glass dropped off 3/16" with the sides being flush. The front window has a big sag in it at the roof line. This glass is clearly warped.

I contacted Fesler built on 4-18-17 and they said they would check into it. Michael Curran told me they would call me back. No return call. I called again on 5-12, 5-15, and 5-30.
left a message with the secretary Michelle all 3 times but no return call. I received an email on Jun 27th telling me that they found no manufacturing defect in the glass and that the fitment is due to variations in the body. They also stated that they would replace the front window duse to sag issues but not the rear one. I called Michael at Fesler again on June 28th and after a lengthy discussion said he would look into it again.

On August 7th i contacted Michael Curran and he said he would take the glass back but would not pay for the $198 return shipping. After an argument on the phone he finally said he would send me a return shipping label and have the glass picked up. Glass was picked up on August 16th but no refund has been issued as of 10-24-17. I left messages with Michael Curran and Michelle voice mail but no return calls. Now when i call nobody answers the phone anymore. You just have to leave a message.

Looks like its time for small claims court.

Fesler built
10-25-2017, 01:07 PM
Michael, let me look into this and see what happen. So everyone is on the same page this glass is all manufactured by one of the largest glass companies in the world. It is also a sag process so they will never be perfect. Look at all new cars and you will find all kinds of curves and waves in it. Pilkington does its best to make it perfect but sometimes glass has its own mind. If it was installed by a professional they can usually get it very close with the Technics that they use. This same glass has been installed in several cars with no issues and you are in the metal stages and could have easily worked the car for a perfect fit. You are dealing with a 60 year old car so nothing will fit perfect and it should have an 1/8 inch gap all the way around. Everyone building these 100K plus cars does not realize that they all started as a $2000 POS so they need work to make parts fit... Might want to remove some of those pictures as you have posted them in violation and can be fined...

All4rocks
11-13-2017, 09:37 AM
Update:
Talked to owner of fesler on oct. 28 and after admitting that they had received the glass back 9 weeks ago they "had not had a chance to issue the refund and that they may or may not have a chance to issue it before sema show in 3 days". It is now nov. 13 and still no refund.

Notice in feslers reply to my original post that never once did she dispute taking my money or dispute the delay in giving it back. Nice customer service! BEWARE!

arriusone
11-14-2017, 12:46 PM
That's bad business !! Thanks for the warning !!

All4rocks
11-19-2017, 07:30 PM
I will post it here when they finally give me my money back.

Bad Bowtie
11-20-2017, 01:43 AM
Not a good trend... :look:

http://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=46708&page=30

BB

All4rocks
01-11-2018, 07:43 PM
I finally contacted Chris (the owner) through a private message on another forum and he told me that i have to fill out a return request form. (first time i ever was told about this). Twice i requested one from him through emails that he replied to but he doesnt ever send me the form. I told him to email or fax it and gave him my number and still no form.
Stay tuned! things will happen soon!

DippedInSauce
01-29-2018, 11:44 PM
I've had noting but negative experiences when dealing with Fesler. They are a terribly ran company with horrible business practices. I've met the co- owner (Wife) at the local goodguys show. False promises and fake news. I agree with the census, stay away from this company.

golden_pilot
02-20-2018, 06:10 PM
Hope you get your money back! I had to finally dispute the charge to have my money returned. Even after they admitted durning the dispute to owning me money, they tried to get me to close the dispute before issuing a refund. Then after I wouldn't close it they still tried to fight it. Needless to say, they lost. Unbelievable.

All4rocks
01-17-2019, 12:10 PM
Update! I took them to court and they LOST! I now have a judgement against them. When we left the courthouse they said they were going to send me a check. Again all lies! Its been months and no payment. Bad business. All they have to do is be honest in their dealings. What happened to the customer is always right? pay and all this goes away.

raustinss
01-17-2019, 02:44 PM
Wow .... I can say i reached out to them on Instagram and asked why they're no longer on here or lateral-g.net. the response I got was "it's too much drama for me "

slimjim
01-17-2019, 10:56 PM
There's a reason the big builders avoid using their parts...

All4rocks
01-18-2019, 03:35 PM
Wow .... I can say i reached out to them on Instagram and asked why they're no longer on here or lateral-g.net. the response I got was "it's too much drama for me "

Ill bet. when you run a business like that there is lots of drama.

raustinss
01-19-2019, 05:44 AM
Worse part is I do want one thing from them and it's their chevelle door panels

chuckd71
01-20-2019, 06:25 PM
Their door panels are not what I would call top quality.

willieboy240
01-21-2019, 01:47 PM
I’ve been saying fesler sucks for over 15 years. No one would listen back then. I’m really surprised they are still in business. They talk a lot. Zero quality in my opinion. And yes, I bought a bunch of their products back in the day. When I complained about their quality. Michelle was like. Return it but there’s a 20% restocking fee. I said but you charged a premium price but your quality is cheap. It was very sad. They don’t care.

raustinss
01-21-2019, 03:11 PM
I like the style , I know they arent the best fitting , I was thinking of using them to make some from carbon fiber

OLDFLM
01-22-2019, 06:28 AM
There's always two sides to every story...

weircc
01-28-2019, 12:29 PM
They have always been a little slow but have always got a good part from them. Sorry to hear this.

All4rocks
03-02-2019, 01:10 PM
There's always two sides to every story...

There is no 2 sides to this story. They sold me a junk product then took it back but refuse to pay back my money. They LOST in court...END OF STORY!

minendrews68
01-01-2020, 08:35 AM
how did this ever turn out?

badazz81z28
01-02-2020, 07:26 AM
how did this ever turn out?

They lost in court according to the last post on page 1

SShep71
01-03-2020, 01:02 PM
I was about to finish an order for a set of door panels and a front glass when I found this thread, good thing I found it before I ordered anything. Dodged that bullet, hope you get what is owed to you.

All4rocks
04-05-2020, 08:34 PM
Fesler lost in court and now i have a judgement against him for the full amount. He still refuses to pay.

Fesler built
01-24-2024, 03:30 PM
Everyone ask why we are not on this site, this is why, our parts suck, our customer service sucks. Don't deal with them. THERE ARE TWO SIDES TO ALL THESE STORIES. I don't bother with what keyboard bravery people think. Funny how nice they are at shows and then run home and type all kinds of crap. Who has time for that stuff? There are three sides to every story and the author only gave you some of it to make him look good. He got his money back after buying a product that was not returnable for his reasons. So, dam straight we made him fight tooth and nail to get it back, but he did get it back. I have been selling flush glass for almost 10 years and returned less than 10 sets in that time, so I guess the majority of people buying the glass think it's good enough for them. These cars are old, and everyone is different, so they will all need work to make it perfect. Every top building in the industry buys glass from us so I guess that quote earlier is wrong as well. 30 years later and we are still here making parts and have great customer service. I guess a few people that hate us and think our products suck out of thousands is not bad. You can't please everyone, and we learned years ago it's not worth the time trying. Scammers will always be scammers and if we scammers we would have been put out of business years ago. We hand make our glass right here in America by float process so its man-made and you will just have to deal with that unless you want to spend 500K on big dollar molds to go automated. It would take me 30 years to pay for a few molds and I have over 40 molds right now with more in the works. We make glass and interior parts for over 20 cars. See for yourself and stop listening to people that just talk crap about everything.

https://www.shopfesler.com/collections/fesler-flush-mounted-dot-glass

We are here to stay, and we have a lot of new parts coming out this year that will definitely set us apart from all the competition and it's all made right here in America. Good luck to all you haters out there who keep us going. Without you I might find something else to go do.

Larry Callahan
01-24-2024, 04:17 PM
And with that said I will close this thread. It's been nearly 3 years since the last reply and it's time and everyone involved has spoken.