PDA

View Full Version : Any opinions on DuPont "Hot hues"

Northern Goat
11-26-2005, 05:43 PM
I'm thinking of using the " Hot Hues" line of paint on my 65 GTO and would like your feedback, if any.

Has anybody used it?

How easy to work with?

How hard to wet sand and polish?

Anything else?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andy

tbair
11-26-2005, 06:00 PM
Ive used quit afew of the hot hues colors, Its great paint.No harder to spray than any other paint.most of there colors are 2 stage a few a tri stage but not many.use a quality gun for any of there matalics they are very fine. what color are you looking at?

steemin
11-26-2005, 07:41 PM
FWIW..
That is the same paint that is being used on the Unique Performance 350SR 40th anniv. Mustang. I don't know if they are also using this paint on their Camaro's and other projects.
Scott

Northern Goat
11-26-2005, 09:43 PM
Ive used quit afew of the hot hues colors, Its great paint.No harder to spray than any other paint.most of there colors are 2 stage a few a tri stage but not many.use a quality gun for any of there matalics they are very fine. what color are you looking at?

I'm going to make a custom color with a silver base, orange pearl in the first three coats of clear and raspberry red pearl in the last three coats.

The paint will turn out like a candy red. Might do some ghost flames under the pearl. Like outlining the flames in a black and then spraying the pearls over top. Just have to talk to the paint guy to see if I that will work.

manicmechanic
11-29-2005, 08:33 PM
Might look into this thread from another site for a little info:
http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4713&highlight=hues