PDA

View Full Version : Digi-Tails acting strange.

TheJDMan
10-19-2017, 10:02 AM
I normally store the car with the battery disconnected so the entire system is powered off. Recently, I was working on something and had the battery switched on. I happened to walk around the back of the car and noticed my Digi-tails brake lights were on. My first thought was I have a bad brake light switch and didn't give it much more thought. I worked the brake pedal a couple of times and the lights went out. Later I walked around the car again and this time the Digi-tails were flashing a random sequence which was really odd. I pressed the brake pedal again and again the lights went out but now I'm wondering if there is problem not with the switch but maybe the controller in the Digi-tails tail light assembly. Has anyone heard of any problems with Digi-tail tail lights? I have reached out to Digi-tails but have not yet heard back from them. Any thoughts?

icemanrd19
10-19-2017, 06:14 PM
No issues here at all.

mert.celet
10-19-2017, 10:50 PM
I normally store the car with the battery disconnected so the entire system is powered off. Recently, I was working on something and had the battery switched on. I happened to walk around the back of the car and noticed my Digi-tails brake lights were on. My first thought was I have a bad brake light switch and didn't give it much more thought. I worked the brake pedal a couple of times and the lights went out. Later I walked around the car again and this time the Digi-tails were flashing a random sequence which was really odd. I pressed the brake pedal again and again the lights went out but now I'm wondering if there is problem not with the switch but maybe the controller in the Digi-tails tail light assembly. Has anyone heard of any problems with Digi-tail tail lights? I have reached out to Digi-tails but have not yet heard back from them. Any thoughts?

I have the same thing! The car sits under a cover and at night i realized that a row of leds were lighted up. Disconnected the battery, then reconnected but they were still on. Then after a few wiggling with the wires, the leds went off. Should be a leak somewhere i guess. My body wiring is real crappy and i totally put the blame on it. I don’t think that your wiring is as crappy as mine but maybe you should check around lights too.