PDA

View Full Version : Holley accessory drive, which PS pulley to use

DT69Cam
10-18-2017, 12:43 PM
Which power steering pulley you guys end up with using the Holley acc drive set-up ?? I'm a little surprised Holley developed a kit with such a big PS pulley (6 inch)that for most of us, is just to big. It will hit the upper control arm.

Schwartz Performance
10-18-2017, 12:48 PM
Instructions, page 12 http://documents.holley.com/199r10639rev1.pdf will answer both of your questions.

Instead of the Holley part number you can also get a Dorman 300-126 which is the same part. You will also need a shorter belt.

-Dale

DT69Cam
10-18-2017, 12:58 PM
Thank you Dale. I have the instructions. I was just curious what other options guys came up with. I was looking at the Turn One pulley part#TUR-21. Do you know if the Holley or Dorman pulleys are plastic ?? Thx

Schwartz Performance
10-18-2017, 02:04 PM
They're steel, thank goodness!

Pretty sure I sold one to a guy with a 1st gen & it cleared.

Nativefx
10-19-2017, 08:27 PM
Thank you Dale. I have the instructions. I was just curious what other options guys came up with. I was looking at the Turn One pulley part#TUR-21. Do you know if the Holley or Dorman pulleys are plastic ?? Thx

When I was still looking at using the C5/C6 front acc drive and the Holley A/C pulley, my stock PS pulley was also too close to my RideTech upper control arms and I bought the TUR-21 to give myself some room and it looked like it was going to work great. Later on I decided for a number of different reasons to sell this front drive setup and go to with a Wegner diamond cut front drive assembly, so I never got to run the setup with the Turn One pulley but I'm assuming it would have worked great.