PDA

View Full Version : 69 Camaro low ride height suspension choice question

CSG
10-06-2017, 06:26 AM
As I am investigating the suspension options for my 69 Camaro I have some questions that I hope some of you guys can help with. Since this is a street car I will admit that looks are a driving factor. As such I want a very low ride height but would prefer not to have air suspension. With my current setup the limiting factors are my exhaust & oil pan and then the stock front crossmember and lower control arms. The exhaust and pan are easy to fix. It appears that both the speedtech extreme and DSE subframes will take care of the lower control arm arching down for shock mounting. That leaves the front crossmember. Does anyone have measurements on how the crossmembers for the aftermarket subframes compare to that of the stock one as far as ground clearance is concerned? Also please add to the discussion with any other options or things that I am overlooking. I would like the car to handle great but like stated for this car looks are at least as important to handling to me. I would list priorities as looks, ride quality and then handling.

Thanks,
Scott

CSG
10-06-2017, 12:09 PM
Also if anyone has any information on static rear roll center height (including adjustment range) for the speedtech TA, DSE 4 link and Ridetech 4-link I would like to know. Obviously this changes due to car setup but any info is better than what I have now.