PDA

View Full Version : Hill Stopper Roll Control?

third base
11-25-2005, 11:50 AM
Don't know if this is the right place to put this but, I am trying to track down an after market product that suburau puts stock on some of their vehicles. It is for my little brothers 94' Camaro with a five speed. From what I hear it is used for starting out on hills. When pressing the brake on a hill it locks and doesn't move until the car moves forward. he is just 15 yrs old and a really nervous driver. trying to help the kid out. so far i have talked to alot of dealerships and they told me that nothing like that is available for any chevrolets? Is this true? Is there anything like that availble for his car. I know if there is anything like this you guys can find it. thanks for the help. - Garrett

Larry Callahan
11-25-2005, 12:01 PM
I know it's manually operated but what about a line lock? Beats nothing I guess.

http://www.tciauto.com/specialty/rollstop.htm

GetMore
11-25-2005, 06:00 PM
Just tell him to learn how to operate the gas and brake with one foot. It's a little tricky, but a good skill to have.
I used to have a Subaru with that feature, but now I can't remember how it would operate. I thought it was a Subaru part, not aftermarket. I don't know where you would get one, except from an old Subbie.

MrQuick
11-25-2005, 07:33 PM
haven't heard of that one... just grab hold of the park brake lever. I think the solinoid would get pretty hot after using it on a long light.