PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!68camaro leaking water!

68RallySport
09-20-2004, 10:11 AM
Before my car gets back here i need help! So its always been if it rains or my car gets wet the windows will drip water. Now when the water runs down them by the time it hits the door and little chrome piece instead of running off it goes inside the door and continues down the glass! I didnt think twice about this until one day my floor was soaked in water. How is the path of the water supposed to go? Whats the easiest way for water to get to the floorpan. This is hardly a rust bucket with no holes and i dont want rust to show up! I need part numbers!

Second is there a weather seal for the rear spoiler? I have had water get in the trunk that way! All the rubber around the lid is brand new but it still gets in the trunk!
David

derekf
09-20-2004, 11:07 AM
David, I'm sorry but my initial thought upon reading the subject of your post was "Why are you filling it with water?"

Anyway.

the windows will drip water. Now when the water runs down them by the time it hits the door and little chrome piece instead of running off it goes inside the door and continues down the glass!

The window fuzzies should take care of some of it and the drain holes at the bottom should let the rest out - if they're clogged I could see issues with floorboard dampness if the water is having to find another path. It's been too long since I've looked at a Camaro to remember if the drain holes are on the inside or outside of the door weatherstrip, but outside would make more sense.

Second is there a weather seal for the rear spoiler? I have had water get in the trunk that way!

Got a small friend and a flashlight? If you put them in the trunk and hosed down the area with a garden hose they'd probably be able to see where the water was coming from - if it was the spoiler holes, I'd think some silicone or similar would seal them up.. or if the weatherstrip wasn't sealing well you'd know where the issue was.

Just don't forget to let them out of the trunk.

68RallySport
09-20-2004, 12:10 PM
if i didnt let him out it would be one hell of a car alarm! Thanks for the help derek ill check things out. So wait there are holes in the door itself? My fuzzies have always come loosse and i had to tighten them, but when i tighten them they pull away from the window and more towards the door itself? Ive never seen water actually sitting in the bottom of the door and i had the panels off for a good month one time. But of course i imagine it has to go somewhere? The rocker panel thingy that holds the carpet down would effect it would it? Also my door is slightly drooping. I know because of the scuffs on the rocker panel and the little hook by the door louvers(i think i said that right) has exsesive wear on the top....
Thanks for the help,
David

TurboLark
09-20-2004, 01:28 PM
I'm a bit confused by the description you gave. Is the water running down the INSIDE of the glass or staying outside? If its still outside, the water usually runs down into the door, and out some factory drain holes. If these holes are plugged up with dirt, leaves, paint, silicone, etc, it can cause water to find anther way out. Are you sure the water isnt coming from a leaking windshield seal? Maybe some opening from the kickpanel area?

68RallySport
09-20-2004, 11:04 PM
Ya its the outside of the window. I dont have the car here so i cant go out and look. Where are the drain holes usaully? I am fairly sure that its not the windshield and ill check the kick panels when it returns. Just trying to see if its a common problem with any parts i need to order cause im putting togther an order so that i can have the parts ready for the car when it gets here...
David

derekf
09-21-2004, 05:21 AM
They're (if memory serves) little slots at the lowest edge of the door. If you've not seen them, then they're probably clogged up. Take your inner door panels off and use a shop-vac to get all the stuff from the inside of the door, then use a small screwdriver or pick to clean out the slots. Don't forget to vacuum up all the stuff you get free of the slots.