PDA

View Full Version : 69 Camaro c6 suspension

john55blaze
08-22-2017, 11:39 AM
I have searched and searched (poorly it would appear) for someone who has a well documented adaptation of Corvette C6 front suspension onto a stock first gen Camaro subframe with not much luck. I've stumbled across a lot of "this has been explained in depth" reply's but have yet to find WORKING links to anything of value. Could someone out there give me a hand please?

krom
08-22-2017, 04:15 PM
I've done a lot of reading on it

You can do it, but it won't work near as good as it does in the vette.
The stock c6 is much wider, and mounts the engine much further back in the chassis. The vette puts the steering rack in front of the engine.

You have to either move the engine back into the passenger compartment, or completely re-design the steering. And after you do that, you still have to deal with the track width.

dhutton
08-22-2017, 04:21 PM
http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?p=662556#post662556

Don

JEFFTATE
08-30-2017, 08:26 AM
The C6 arms just don't bolt on a stock '69 Camaro subframe and work correctly. They will bolt in the wrong location.
The vette is wider , lower , has larger wheelwells. The suspension geometry would be way off..
Now, that being said, there are several companies ( Art Morrison , etc..) that have used C6 arms and spindles and developed an aftermarket frame that works with the Camaros height and width.