PDA

View Full Version : What color with these wheels?

08-12-2017, 06:47 PM
Looking for some input on color choice. Picture does the current paint more justice than it deserves. Cheap flat black paint. Looking for opinions on what would look good with the wheel color. I have my favorites but don't want to add any biased opinion.

andrewb70
08-12-2017, 06:55 PM
I like red...Viper red.

Andrew

1sikride
08-12-2017, 07:18 PM
I have no idea the name of the colour.

But like a darker olive army ish green.

08-12-2017, 07:24 PM
Thanks for replies already. Got a twin brother with a 2nd gen too and he painted his British racing green so as much as I like that one won't happen. And for red I hadn't thought of that one at all but I like it a lot. Im gonna give my first two which were Subaru blue or a nice white but viper red is sounding awesome

andrewb70
08-13-2017, 08:38 AM
Viper red is what my GTO is painted. Early Viper red, like the 2000 color.

Andrew

Mr Nick
08-13-2017, 10:26 AM
GM Arctic White or Summit White - If I ever repaint the Cutlass I'd probably stick with white and go with one of those. They may be the same? Not sure.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3627761-official-arctic-white-c6-thread.html

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415175&page=50

My G8 is white with similar color wheels.

jlcustomz
08-13-2017, 01:12 PM
Could you pick a more opinionated question to ask?:rolleyes:

Are you into all shiny, flat, or maybe a combination of both?

Wheels are a combination of modern ,trendy , & classic. They could go fine with a multitude of schemes. What the bodystyle asks for is more important.

The proper shade of red, such as viper red could look cool. Maybe with some accents, such as gloss or matte black.

I'd say no to white for your particular application, unless you think you want a color that would be plain for a 2nd gen.

Drab olive if you want to look like a me too copycat.

The right shade of metallic blue would be fitting, but I'm honestly feeling the red a little more.

A gloss black main color with possibly some red accents and or some quality faux painted carbon fiber accents would also be fitting.

Those are my opinions, hopefully they're worth a free beer rather than an ass whipping.:headbang:

08-13-2017, 02:37 PM
No worries, beers all around. I know this is one of those questions that really has no answer. Everyone has a different opinion. Just looking to get the creative juices flowing. What little I have. I value any and all opinions. I was thinking white would be really cool but I think white is also the biggest risk. The wrong shade would look horrible. Always had a thing for blue. As you see in the picture I went through the flat color phase and like most I'm over it. At least with the paint I used it didn't last and was hard to keep clean. Red was never something I considered but after it was suggested I think the right red would really look good. Its not going to be a high end paint job so nothing too exotic. It's a driver and like most I have a working man budget. Hood is carbon fiber(got a great deal on it) so maybe that can get worked in somehow. Yes the wheels are a bit trendy. Hindsight I wish I would of gone with something a little more traditional or classic but it is what it is.

USAZR1
08-13-2017, 03:40 PM
1994-96 Corvette Admiral Blue
/thread

Bigblue73
08-14-2017, 11:26 AM
http://houseofkolor.com/galleries/colors/sm/KK02FX22_1236.jpg

Shinrin2 - Greenish/silver with a charcoal stripe of some type on the hood and deck lid. Accent with some carbon fiber dipped or wrapped pieces on the lower valance / splitter.

08-14-2017, 07:20 PM
http://houseofkolor.com/galleries/colors/sm/KK02FX22_1236.jpg

Shinrin2 - Greenish/silver with a charcoal stripe of some type on the hood and deck lid. Accent with some carbon fiber dipped or wrapped pieces on the lower valance / splitter.

Nice color and ideas. Thank you. May be a couple months but I will post the results of what I choose in the end. Got some good ideas

65 drop top
08-14-2017, 10:11 PM
Here ya go, can't go wrong with this...