PDA

View Full Version : DSE Quadralink rear endlinks always clunking, can i remove the rear sway bar?

shelbygt350Racer
08-08-2017, 09:35 AM
On my 69 Camaro the sway bar endlinks are always making noise out back and its really getting on my nerves. When the car was built they did not notch the trunk or fuel tank to make more room for the exhaust system and it is very tight making serving this area a PITA.

I replaced the endlinks with new ones 3 times so far and recently replaced them with adj C6 spherical links. If i remove the endlinks off the car there is zero noise from the back suspension. I have tried all sorts of lock nuts and washers and its the vibration from the car plus the constant bumpy roads that are shaking this crap apart and wearing them out. I have even locktite them and that didn't help it seems the endlinks are wearing out,

curious if i really need the rear bar or not for street driving or will it greatly affect the cars stability and safety? Has anyone else had to deal with this and if so what was your solution?

rickpaw
08-08-2017, 09:42 AM
I don't think running a car without the rear sway bar will greatly affect the car's stability and safety. I personally don't have one on mine, although my car is leaf-sprung.

icemanrd19
08-08-2017, 09:05 PM
I'm not running one on my dse setup. Take it off.

shelbygt350Racer
08-09-2017, 08:41 AM
I'm not running one on my dad setup. Take it off.

did you guys notice anything different on the street? i mean the Panhard bar def keeps things in place plus the swivel links are fairly robust. I plan to yank mine off in a few days to see how the car feels, i will most likely just remove the endlinks and drive it for a few days leaving the bar still mounted in place and maybe zip tied up and away.

icemanrd19
08-09-2017, 09:59 AM
Why? remove it. car runs hard and amazing without it.

dontlifttoshift
08-09-2017, 01:55 PM
did you guys notice anything different on the street? i mean the Panhard bar def keeps things in place plus the swivel links are fairly robust.

Those two things have nothing to do with with the sway bar (anti roll bar).

Take it off if the noise bothers you. Most people running that setup hard aren't running a rear bar anyways and if they are it is very small compared to the 1 1/8 or 1 1/4 bar that I assume you have.

Just out of curiosity, when you install new end links is it quiet for a while and then gets noisy does it stay the same?

shelbygt350Racer
08-14-2017, 10:19 AM
Those two things have nothing to do with with the sway bar (anti roll bar).

Take it off if the noise bothers you. Most people running that setup hard aren't running a rear bar anyways and if they are it is very small compared to the 1 1/8 or 1 1/4 bar that I assume you have.

Just out of curiosity, when you install new end links is it quiet for a while and then gets noisy does it stay the same?

Yes i just installed 4th set of endlinks out back last week and the car is perfectly quiet again. if i drive it hard for a few weeks they just wear and come loose no matter what i do. I tried all sorts of lock washers, lock nuts, loctite etc i guess there is a ton of load on that bar during its suspension travel. guess it part of the joy of having a hot rodded car with tons of vibration