PDA

View Full Version : LS2 Convertion Motor Mounts?

Phillip_L
11-23-2005, 03:44 PM
I have found to mounts (Speed & Performance and BRP). I am trying to figure out which ones to use. Here is what I have heard, please let know what is true and what is not.

BRP Advantages:
Moves engine up forward allowing for long tube headers and rear mount coils.

BRP Disadvantage:
You have to cut the transmission tunnel out to install T56
You have to knotch the hood with a Magnacharger

BRP Question:
Do you still have the modify the oil pan with these mounts?
Will the stock A/C compress fit without knotching the sub-frame?

S&P Advantages:
Motor is lower and back for a better center of gravity. You do NOT have to cut the transmission tunnel out for a T56. A Magna charge will fit without cutting the hood.

S&P Disadvantages:
Header problems, requires a modified oil pan, special accessory brackets required ($1,800).

Thanks

Phillip

chicane67
11-23-2005, 09:54 PM
BRP and S&P mounts require an oil pan modification. No matter what mount you use, the oil pan will have to be modified..... there is no question there. When using either of the aforementioned mounts, the frame has to be modified to clear the AC (factory compressor I know). The S&P mounts however, do not lower the engine, they actually raise it a measureable amount.

The ATS engine mounts on the other hand, do actually lower the engine and require no floor pan modifications what-so-ever.

The ATS engine mounts, oil pan and headers do not have any of the problems that you have pointed out. There is nothing that has to be modified to fit around something else. The engine mounts fit the frame, which fits the oil pan, which fits the headers and all of this mounts to an unmodified T56 and to a unmodified floor pan.

Also, soon to be released..... the AC bracket. It will require no modifications to the frame and will fit in the factory, lower passenger side location.

When you start throwing around comments about a Magnacharger..... there is no room for parts that dont fit, dont work together or require some other modification. The ATS product line isnt for the meek..... but you get what you pay for and it all fits and works together..... right..... the first time.

Not to mention...... has the upper hand in true performance.

Phillip_L
11-24-2005, 06:15 AM
Thanks for the reply.

So for motor hieght: ATS mounts are lower, S&P mounts are in the middle, and BRP mounts are higher?

I would think the lower the motor, the more problems you would have the accessories on the subframe, oil pans, headers, steering.