PDA

View Full Version : Bare chris alston subframe + ridetech parts

BL72
07-28-2017, 06:42 AM
On my 72 firebird, im going with the ridetech package. Is it feasible to swap the factory subframe for the chris alston? Would the ride tech mount on just the same? Can i still use the factory type steering components? What advantages other then weight are there? If its all off, and the bare subframe is relatively cheap, why not?

ccmc
07-28-2017, 09:13 AM
I'd probably ask ridetech if they know.

killer69
07-28-2017, 09:37 AM
NO Alston will use their own control arms same as all other subframes.

bret
07-28-2017, 10:22 AM
On my 72 firebird, im going with the ridetech package. Is it feasible to swap the factory subframe for the chris alston? Would the ride tech mount on just the same? Can i still use the factory type steering components? What advantages other then weight are there? If its all off, and the bare subframe is relatively cheap, why not?

Wont work...wont even bolt up. Our stuff is designed to work with the OEM subframe. We then create proper steering and suspension geometry by redesigning the control arms, spindles, and steering linkage.
Something wrong with your existing subframe?

BL72
07-28-2017, 12:35 PM
Nothing is wrong, was just thinking for a liitke bit more i can get a better subframe. Still be cheaper then some of the other options.

Ill just stick with OEM. Thanks all