PDA

View Full Version : legal street racing??

MrQuick
09-20-2004, 07:47 AM
Hey all, was watching a pretty interesting show on KQED(local public broadcast channel) HEY IT WAS ON AFTER SESAME STREET SO BACK OFF!!!! :lmao: Anyways they spotlighted a race program in San Diego where the city and state pay for a track for racers to race. Interveiwer stated that since its conception 1500 inquiries from cities nation wide.
go to www.racelegal.com for more info.

F70t/a
09-20-2004, 08:10 AM
it's all about dragon tales vince :secret:

68RallySport
09-20-2004, 09:51 AM
now lets get a track in oakland!

MrQuick
09-20-2004, 11:29 AM
Funny you mention that, some Oakland high school students wrote in asking for a sanctioned side show area and the state is looking into it.

protour_chevelle
09-20-2004, 07:55 PM
We have that set-up locally. Its called Secret Street. Runs late at night to early in the morning at the local 1/4 mile. Pretty much the regular hours of street racing, the track is open. DB limits are there but its pretty relaxed. Awsome way to keep street racing in a controled and save enviroment.

-Matt

ProdigyCustoms
09-21-2004, 06:33 AM
Midnight drags here. They run from 10 till 2 at the local track. It was originally no times, no score boards, no time slip, just a win light. and also, NO track prep. Now it is changed a bit, the ricers cried about no times and like to see there 15 second time slips, so they have timed lanes and no times lanes.
The real racing, any money racing, takes place in the no times lanes with cars that are way to fast to run on unprepared surfaces. For those who do not know, an unprepared, or poorly prepped track, is worse then a good street 10 fold. It is really quite interesting to me, because the track actually makes a big deal of the fact the track has NO PREP, and then see who can skate to the end the best. I wonder what will happen when someone gets hurt on a no prep track, when the track brags about no prep over the PA. Looks like a liability case to me knowing allowing vehicles to fast for conditions.
I quit going to midnight drags, tired of skating, I got scared. We were king when it started, testosterone makes ya do stupid things sometimes. Holding king of the midnight drags was not worth my life. And listening to fart can Hondas all night was getting old.

paulk68
09-21-2004, 07:27 AM
We have no drag tracks in CT. I have to go to jersey or ny to see some drag racing it really sucks i would love something in CT. I work at a circle track in CT which is really nice but i really would like a 1/4 strip somewhere close

RobM
09-22-2004, 07:55 AM
i feel your pain paulk68, as i also live in CT and trust me that haul out to lebenon doesnt get any shorter the more times you go. but hey at least we have lime rock :)

harshman
09-22-2004, 08:39 AM
listening to fart can Hondas all night was getting old.
:lmao:

In Phoenix, we used to go to the pavilions for the car show (that is still going I think), wait till about 11 pm and then go racing till 3 in the morn. This was before any imports or kids in dad's car – I think I was the youngest one there at 20 years old. It was all about 9 second novas that accepted visa cards and a geo sprint with 15" Mickey toms and a small block. It was the greatest times until it got popular and then all of the fast guys left.

paulk68
09-22-2004, 10:24 AM
you are right robm lime rock is really nice and i love going there i work at stafford motor speedway it is a circle track for sk modified late model and dare divisions we also get the featherlite guys once in a while. so i do get a good share of racing i just wish we had something straight.