PDA

View Full Version : Fuel tank and lines setup for terminator than holley HP

70Uglybird
06-24-2017, 10:26 AM
I'm sure this question has been asked a 100 y
times a 100 ways...here goes 101. I'm pretty ignorant to this stuff, working mostly on late model plug and play.

I have a stock Zl1 pump but don't need to use it I bought it for my 2011 and went with a different setup.

I am going terminator for now, II much Vent in my Pontiac. was thinking inline tube 3/8 fuel and 1/4 return with AN ends (I read they can made them to order. then use Pegagsus stuff for the rest.

was looking at restomod tank with ZL1 and corner pickups. this should work for long term LQ9 with Ls3 top end and Holley HP but will it work with the 43 psi terminator setup for now? should I go tanks Inc and just use a reg? any suggestions experience? would love to do this right once!

Bobby

Fuelie Nova
06-26-2017, 06:42 AM
I went with Carl at Vaporwerx, I use a 5gen Camaro pump in my stock tank and his PWM setup, only run a single 3/8" line up to my EFI. I initially had a Terminator setup and it works great. I have switched to a multi-port setup and it still works great.
I like the clean setup and no inline regulator or return line to mess with.
Never problems with fuel overheating in hot weather due to the PWM control and slowing the pump down at idle and low speeds.
Tom

csouth
06-26-2017, 09:20 AM
I don't see why it wouldn't work. The ZL1 pump i would believe should handle anything an NA motor would need.

70Uglybird
06-26-2017, 03:45 PM
I don't see why it wouldn't work. The ZL1 pump i would believe should handle anything an NA motor would need.

So just use a regulator to throttle it down to 43 psi for the holley setup?

csouth
06-26-2017, 07:07 PM
Yes, you would use the FPR to dial your pressure down for the system. Most pumps put out higher pressure than what is needed at the injectors, there is a FPR in between to regulate flow.