PDA

View Full Version : Build Mustang Sally

Westcoastrfg
05-25-2017, 05:19 AM
Hey Pro Touring Community, I am brand new here and have enjoyed reading through the forums. Maybe I am not on an island alone as I started to believe.
I saw a few builds online, found a car I would base mine off of and started looking for old Ford bones. I am building a retro-mod, pro touring, grocery getter, to hopefully one day trailer to SEMA.
I found an original 87,000 mile 65' Mustang Coupe from an original owner nearby. I brought her home Sept. 1, 16' and started stripping, I filled my box trailer with all the parts and ...... rust, rust, and more rust.
Then by chance I found a convertible 65' GT, top mechanical doner and scrap metal, I am sure you all see where this is going. My Lincoln equipment has been buzzing for the last 3 months and I now have a full chassis for the project.
I have procured a 15' coyote attached to a 6 speed and IRS. I also took delivery of a 11' C6 suspension, that is lining up nicely at the moment while Sally is being blasted. Some hurtles in the near future include finding the right coil overs, power steering pump, rack, and column. I am also starting research on the correct wheels as I am narrowing the vette and widening the stang. I would appreciate any recommendations you'all may have for my endeavor. Thank you, Jim

USAZR1
05-27-2017, 09:48 PM
:postpics:

Westcoastrfg
06-01-2017, 04:15 AM
I understand, but being new I still do not have the option of photo uploads, I am working on it.