PDA

View Full Version : 1967 Gas Tank Question with DSE Mini Tubs Questions

BackN70
04-18-2017, 05:31 PM
Hi,

I've been working on a 1967 Camaro, and was wondering if anyone has experience with the right gas tank for my application. I will need a notched gas tank to clear the DSE minitubs, and I plan to run a Big Block with a carb.

I was wondering if it's practical to get an EFI gas tank just in case if I go fuel injection after I get the car running, and if so, any recommendations on a gas tank?

Thanks in advance!

sjaroslo
04-18-2017, 06:05 PM
Hard to go wrong with a Rick's Tanks unit, if it is in the budget. They will make a nice stainless, notched-corner unit and have it all set up for an eventual EFI for you.

CarlC
04-19-2017, 10:00 AM
How about a DSE tank?

BackN70
04-19-2017, 05:19 PM
Hi Steve!

Thanks for the recommendation. I looked at the tanks and they look top notch! I ended up purchasing a steel notched tank from Tanks inc. Hopefully, things will work out for me.

BackN70
04-19-2017, 05:22 PM
Hi Carl,

Thanks for the advice on the DSE tank, I really didn't want to spend too much on a tank although both Rick's Tanks and the DSE tanks look top notch. I ended up getting a steel notched tank and hopefully it will work out for me. I've been eyeing the DSE hydroformed subframe, but I spent most of my budget on the DSE built 12 bolt rear end and the DSE quadralink.

Cheers!

-Donald

sjaroslo
04-20-2017, 12:56 PM
Hi Steve!

Thanks for the recommendation. I looked at the tanks and they look top notch! I ended up purchasing a steel notched tank from Tanks inc. Hopefully, things will work out for me.

Good deal! Whatever keeps the project moving forward :-)