PDA

View Full Version : 70 Camaro Spindle Ridetech Combo

chuck_skywalker
04-13-2017, 07:15 AM
Hi Guys,

So i've decided to pull the trigger on the Ridetech Level 2 Kit with the strong arms. Im also looking to upgrade the front breaks with with a big brake kit from Wilwood, maybe a 4 or 6 piston since my goal is about 500hp. So figure while i was taking the suspension apart would be the best time to replace the spindles and brakes. I know Wilwood sells a kit where you have to modify your stock spindles but i don't feel quite comfortable drilling down on 47 year old metal. I want to replace them but after digging around the internet for a few months i cannot find anything that will work with this combo. I know this must be a pretty common set up but i havent found anything that will work with the strong arms except for the stock ones.

Ridetech has spindles but for the 67-69 camaro
The ATX spindles only work with speedtech arms
Chassisworks spindles also only work with their arms as well.
CPP has spindles but i cant find if they are compatible with the strong arms.
Global west has their new forged spindles but not much information on price or applications

So, I was wondering if any of you knew of a combo that would work for my application. I've done hours of searching but haven't been able to find anything.

Any help would be much appreciated. Links to something would be GOLD!!!

Thanks everyone!

Josh@Ridetech
04-13-2017, 09:26 AM
The Speedtech spindle will work just fine with our setup.

chuck_skywalker
04-13-2017, 10:15 AM
The Speedtech spindle will work just fine with our setup.

Hey Josh, thanks for your quick reply. Is there any chance your ride tech spindles will work with what im trying to go for? I know they say their for a 1st gen but i figured it could be worth a shot.

csouth
04-13-2017, 10:53 AM
Where'd you get the idea ATS spindles only work with Speedtech arms? As Josh said, they work with Ridetech arms or any other that can use a tall spindle.

Josh@Ridetech
04-13-2017, 01:06 PM
Hey Josh, thanks for your quick reply. Is there any chance your ride tech spindles will work with what im trying to go for? I know they say their for a 1st gen but i figured it could be worth a shot.

Anytime!

On the 2nd gen cars, we stick with the stock spindle because it had better geometry built into it from the factory. We wanted that kit to be as bolt-on as possible and this particular year range offered better parts than the previous F-body cars.

dontlifttoshift
04-13-2017, 01:32 PM
Where'd you get the idea ATS spindles only work with Speedtech arms? As Josh said, they work with Ridetech arms or any other that can use a tall spindle.

I guess from speedtech.

*Note- The ATS spindle for the 1970 + F Body Camaro and Firebird platform is designed to work exclusively with Speedtech control arms and steering components and will not work properly with non Speedtech parts. To maintain proper geometry the '70+ F Body ATS spindles are only available in the Camaro Track Time and Street Fighter packages.

I don't like much of anything from CPP but I like those spindles. Don't use their hubs, buy ACDelco C7 hubs from your favorite parts store. Wilwood does a caliper only kit that will work with a stock rotor so you end up with 14" 6 piston brakes for about 1,200 bucks.

chuck_skywalker
04-13-2017, 04:03 PM

Right from the speed website

"The ATS spindle for the 1970 + F Body Camaro and Firebird platform is designed to work exclusively with Speedtech control arms and steering components and will not work properly with non Speedtech parts. To maintain proper geometry the '70+ F Body ATS spindles are only available in the Camaro Track Time and Street Fighter packages."

The More You Know :hammer:

csouth
04-14-2017, 12:00 PM
Right from the speed website

"The ATS spindle for the 1970 + F Body Camaro and Firebird platform is designed to work exclusively with Speedtech control arms and steering components and will not work properly with non Speedtech parts. To maintain proper geometry the '70+ F Body ATS spindles are only available in the Camaro Track Time and Street Fighter packages."

The More You Know :hammer:

Well duh.....��