PDA

View Full Version : Running Fuel Lines

esenior
11-20-2005, 12:24 PM
Anyone out there with any advice on running fuel lines? I've got a 69 Camaro with an EFI setup and have run braided hose (AN10 main / AN6 return). I dropped the lines behind the engine and ran them down the outside of the subframe (like the originals), however, I just had exhaust installed and there isn't much room to get the lines to the tank (see picture below). How close can I safely come to the exhaust? Has anyone else encountered this? What did you do?

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2005/11/69SS502_051120_02MJPG-1.jpg

pushrod243
11-20-2005, 03:35 PM
I would try to keep the fuel lines away from any heat source. Quite a few of us can tell you about sitting on the side of the road on the power tour from boiling the fuel in the lines just from the heat of the pump and fuel going through the fuel rails and back to the tank. That may work around town but an extended highway trip wont take that exhaust heat. Maybe some sort of shield if you cant move them further away.

Jim Nilsen
11-21-2005, 10:07 AM
I was always told that 2" is the general rule to keep for distance between fuel ines and exhaust. If you have to be closer then you need sheilding and insulation wrap to protect it from causing vaporlock.

Jim Nilsen