PDA

View Full Version : LQ9 6.0l ? and HELP

killer69
11-19-2005, 01:14 PM
Man are parts for this thing hard to find.
I am trying to build a customer a motor that will stand up to the abuse of a life time and need to find a few parts

Forged blower pistons
rings
head gaskets
rods

i have not talked to the engine builder yet just wondering if anyone had some experiance with this

the motor has a p1cs procharger on it and comp roller blower cam, roller rockers, springs, titanium retainers ported heads. it made 410hp to the rear wheels in a 2500 gmc with 35" tires and the motor lasted 4 dyno pulls

and now i need to fix the problem once and for all.
any help

SStrokerAce
11-19-2005, 02:45 PM
Killer,

What happened to it before that it only ran 4 dyno pulls?

As for a setup... depends on the power level but

Diamond has a dished forged piston for a 6.0L block with either stock length rods or 6.125" rods.

I would use a 6.125" rod like a Eagle H or Scat H beam, you can also upgrade the rod bolts to a ARP 2000 or L19 for increased strength, but I doubt the RPM level is there for that.

I'll try and give you the help I can here.

Bret

killer69
11-20-2005, 05:51 PM
What happened??? well my inital thought is that it was running lean prior to installing the ls1 edit and 35lb injectors, not lean enough to hurt it under normal conditions but you need to know the owner this motor has been rebuilt 2 times in the last year. it started out by adding a powerdyne blower, headers, exhaust. besides the fact that the blower discentigrated 3 times in 8 months the first motor lasted 6 months before the cam went flat from valve float, rebuild it with new comp cam comp valve train and roller rocker arms, and a nwe intercooled procharger,that lasted 4 months

and this is when the lean conditioon began the GM computer started to screw up big time it needed to be re flashed 2 times finaly installed the LS 1 edit and the head gasket lasted 3 days, it made 360 hp to the 35" tires so that was not bad, i think the cylinder may have hydraulicked but we didnt catch it.we replaced the head gasket and back to the dyno and installed the big injectors it made 410hp and 438 lbft that was pretty good, but the head gasket was done after 3 pulls, it is pressurizing the cooling system. now i think the block is cracked i guess we will find out on monday.
any way long story short we need to build a whole new one using the existing cam ,crank, heads and blower, i can get a new
GM block for 1400.00 and just want to know some parts to use that will live at the 420hp power range being driven like a NASCAR we have the tune up figured now and this needs to be the last time we take this motor apart so if i can get actual part #'s that will work that would be a huge help.

SStrokerAce
11-21-2005, 08:47 PM
Diamond PN 11516 (4.000" x 6.125" SBC Rod x stock stroke)
Diamond PN 11517 (4.030" x 6.125" SBC Rod x stock stroke)

Eagle CRS6125B3D 6.125" SBC Rod (.927" piston pin x 2.100" crank pin)

I'd run some ARP studs and Cometic gaskets for the rest of it.

Bret

killer69
11-22-2005, 12:19 PM
Thank alot i got the engine builder on it and we will see what happens.

One thing he said was that using the SBC rod could be an issue as he thinks the LQ9 rod is centered and theSBC os offset at the crank??? we will see but at any rate thanks fro the help

Matt
11-22-2005, 12:27 PM
I was gong to say exactly what strokerace said. My buddy just built a 6.0 with diamond pistons and eagle rods for a non-gonzo turbo setup.