PDA

View Full Version : 7 Ways to Utilize Ron Sutton Race Technology in Your Build

Brian@RSRT
03-07-2017, 10:00 AM
7 Ways to Utilize Ron Sutton Race Technology in Your Build

Even though I’ve built 206 cars … and owned 79 race cars … I don't fab or wrench on cars anymore. It’s simply not the best use of my talents these days. But I like helping guys & gals build mean machines that stop, go & corner. Maybe you want your new project car to perform better than the rest … or simply as good as it can. If you’ve read some of my threads, talked to me some or know people I’ve helped make their cars handle & stop well … and you would like to utilize my experience & technology to optimize the performance of your car … there are 7 ways to do that. I’ve listed them in order from the smallest involvement … to complete cars.

Improve Your Current Car - With My Help & Bolt-On Street-Star Parts
Build Your Own Track Car - Your Design - With My Track-Star Parts & Kits
Build Your Own Track Car - One of My 5 Designs - With My Help & Parts
Have Your Preferred Shop Build Your Track Car - One of My 5 Designs - With My Help & Parts
Pick a Shop I Already Work With Around the Nation
Use One of My Preferred Shops in Northern California
Get a RSRT Track Warrior Car - as a Roller for you to Finish or Turn Key from Us

Contact Me Direct - Ron Sutton
Phone: (844) 722-3832 ext.#3
E-mail: [email protected]

Ron Sutton Race Technology
11374 Amalgam Way, Suite K,
Gold River, CA 95670

www.RonSuttonRaceTechnology.com (http://www.RonSuttonRaceTechnology.com)
* Online Performance Parts Store
* 600 Brands & 90,000 parts at Everyday Low Prices
* Pro-Touring to Professional Racing
* On-Call Tuning & Technical Support
* Race Car, AX & Track Car Suspension Design Services
* Street, Autocross & Track Warrior Cars

1. Improve Your Current Car - With My Help & Bolt-On Street-Star Parts
I offer a wide variety of technical services for guys working on their own cars. Over 70 in fact. From steering & suspension geometry services … to optimum spring rate & sway bar set-ups … brake maximization … and suspension redesigns if desired. I do calculations of your current car or plans … and then work out the optimum geometry for your goals.

My most popular are:
Tech #29 – Full Brake System Optimization: $50
Tech #40 – Full Front & Rear Suspension Geometry, Spring & Bar Rates & Steering Optimization: $499
Tech #41 – Full Front & Rear Suspension Geometry, Spring & Bar Rates & Steering Optimization … plus Brake System … Optimization: $549
You can see all 70+ of my tech services HERE (http://www.ronsutton-racetechnology.com/pages.item.9/Technical-Services.html):

With #40, we’re working out your front & rear roll centers, camber gain, caster gain, ackerman, bump steer & more. Then I’m working out the optimum spring rates & sway bars rates … front & rear … for you to have a neutral handling corner carver. Add $30 for #41 & we’re working out your brake package too.

For quality bolt-on performance parts I carry over 600 brands, with 90,000+ parts on my website: www.RonSuttonRaceTechnology.com

Lance Hamilton’s thread where he & I corrected the geometry on his SS Monte Carlo & worked up a good suspension package … all shown online … is a good example of this process. See Lance’s build up thread HERE (https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/98063-Need-a-little-help-figuring-something-out).

2. Build Your Own Track Car - Your Design - With My Track-Star Parts & Kits
Got fab skills? Building your own car in your shop or garage … but need a little help with the geometry, suspension or design? I’m your guy. It surprises people, but I do tech & design services ALL THE TIME for individuals building their own cars.

You can have me work out your front & rear geometry with the packages mentioned above in post #2.
I can design you a custom front suspension for $575 (Tech Services #12-14) or $899 with front frame design (Tech Services #43-45).
Need parts? I consider my website to be a car builders resource center with 90,000+ parts & prices matching the big guys like Summit & Jegs. See my online store HERE (http://shop.ronsuttonracetechnology.com/).

But if you’re building a serious Track and/or Autocross performer … my “Build Your Own Track Car” Catalog can be your best friend. You’ll find my services, complete front & rear suspensions, all the trick suspension parts individually, brakes, floater rear ends, cells, seats & more.

Browse my “Build Your Own Track Car” Catalog in PDF form HERE (http://shop.ronsuttonracetechnology.com/downloads/get.aspx?i=312479).

3. Build Your Own Track Car - One of My 5 Designs - With My Help & Parts
I have designed modern, state-of-the art track, autocross & street cars I call Track Warriors.

There are 5 front suspension designs & 5 rear suspension designs for you to choose from.

Front Suspension Levels:
All are capable of High Travel/Low Roll & Low Travel/High Roll strategies as well as anything in-between. The slugged suspension pickup points … and slug offset every 1/16” allow ultra precise set-ups. All include 3-piece Speedway Engineering sway bars, arms with 2 holes & a range of rates.

GT: Meanest, baddest, highest grip front suspension available today period. It is no compromise in performance design, that requires the engine to be set back substantially, where the front of the lower pulleys are close to the front axle centerline. This is a zero-scrub-radius design for the ultimate grip on tight corners. The super long lower control arms allow minimal geometry change for the highest confident feel on corner entry. Every component is designed for maximum performance with no compromises for budget. Automatically comes with full sets of all slugs & spacers for tuning. Similar to GT Cars, so not legal for Trans Am or GT1 class racing. Legal in SP & SPO. Must run 18” wheels.

TA: Is the meanest, baddest, highest grip front suspension available … not requiring the engine to be set back. It is the same as the GT with the exception of shorter lower control arms. Legal for Trans Am class racing, as well as GT1, SP & SPO. Can be outfitted to run class legal 16” wheels, but if not running Trans Am or GT1 better spindle & suspension set-up is included with 18” wheels.

TA2: Is the best bang for the buck extreme high performance front suspension. Also does not require the engine to be set back. Very similar to, but not homolgated for Trans Am 2 cars as far as suspension design, except with some Ron Secret Sauce & tricks. Achieves performance within 10% of the TA, for 30% less cost. No compromise on safety or quality. Saves money by using more commonly available parts is areas that have a small effect on performance. Can be outfitted to run class legal 15” wheels, but if not running Trans Am or GT1 better spindle & suspension set-up is included with 18” wheels.

TT: Is the best value front suspension for Track Toys. Not trying to set track records or post class wins? Just want to have good track day fun? This level provides very good track performance on a budget by using a majority of commonly available parts. Can be designed to run 15”, 16” or 18” wheels.

STT: Is the Street & Track Toy line, excellent for street driving, as well as autocross competition & occasional track days. We start with the new Speedtech front suspension clip or full frame with geometry designed for optimum performance by Ron Sutton. (3” Max front end travel in dive.) it comes with quality parts, built to take street abuse, delrin bushings, slugged caster, road race rack & pinion & standard engine mounting. We make it racier with options like higher performing shocks, Ron Sutton Secret Sauce valving, special springs, bump stops, bigger sway bars, special ball joints, etc. Must run 18” wheels,

Rear Suspension Levels:
All 3-link rear suspensions from TT to GT eliminates the rear seat area to make room for the top link of regular 3-links & the dual accel-Decel link of the decoupled 3-links. The top link must mount to the main hoop of the roll cage structure. All systems include 4 way adjustable rear sway bar with a wide range of bar availability. All are available

GT: Meanest, baddest, highest grip rear suspension available today period. This offset, decoupled, shock & spring controlled 3-link is the ultimate tunable rear suspension. This system provides the highest level of corner entry grip & corner exit grip possible … with no side effects on mid corner handling. You can tune the entry grip & exit grip completely independent of each other. The 3-link is offset a specific amount to eliminate torque steer. The decoupled upper linkage utilizes a state-of-the-art 2-way adjustable gas shock to control both accel & decel forces. Accel link angle easily & quickly adjusted in pits. Corner exit & entry grip tunable from the cockpit. This is the most expensive rear suspension we offer. Your choice of quick-adjust Watt’s link or double quick adjustable panhard bar. Not legal for Trans Am or GT1 class racing. Legal in SP & SPO.

TA: Offset, Decoupled 3-Link like above, except uses poly bushings for torque absorption. You can tune the entry grip & exit grip completely independent of each other. No shock or springs utilized. This system provides almost the same level of performance as the shock/spring controlled system above … but utilizes poly bushings. The poly bushings can be changed as a tuning tool & must be replaced on a regular basis to prevent failure. Poly bushings are a consumable, like brake pads. Accel link angle easily & quickly adjusted in pits. No cockpit adjustment. Significantly less expensive than shock unit above. Your choice of quick-adjust Watt’s link or double quick adjustable panhard bar. Legal for Trans Am class racing, as well as GT1, SP & SPO.

TA2: Offset 3-link with torque absorber top link. Use poly bushings for accel & decel functions to provide more grip, especially with harder compound tires, narrow tires or street legal tires. You can NOT tune entry grip & exit grip independent of each other like the decoupled systems above. When you adjust the top link angle, it affects both corner entry & exit grip in opposite directions (as do all 3-links, 4-links, torque arms, etc). Poly bushings are a consumable, like brake pads. Top link angle easily & quickly adjusted in pits. No cockpit adjustment. Significantly less expensive than decoupled systems. Double adjustable panhard bar. Quick adjust on one side. (Upgradable to quick adjust or Watts). Legal for Trans Am class racing, as well as TA2, GT1, SP & SPO.

TT: Offset 3-link with normal tube top link. No poly bushings. Less maintenance, but no torque absorption to soften blow to tires. Fine with slicks. When you adjust the top link angle, it affects both corner entry & exit grip in opposite directions (as do all 3-links, 4-links, torque arms, etc). Top link bolts into bracket with a set of curved holes. Upgrade option to the jack screw top link adjuster for easy & quick adjustments in pits. Least expensive, tunable offset 3-link. Double adjustable panhard bar. (Upgradable to quick adjust or Watts). Legal for all racing classes.

STT: Street & Track Toy utilizes a torque arm rear suspension from Speedtech, Chassisworks or other manufacturer. Does not require removal of rear seat, nor attachment to the roll cage. Excellent for street driving, as well as autocross competition & occasional track days. We make it racier with options like higher performing shocks, Ron Sutton Secret Sauce valving, special springs, 4-way adjustable sway bars, as well as adjustable panhard bar & Watt’s link options.

Chassis & Suspension Designs Tailored to You & Your Car or Truck

I offer several flat rate packages to provide semi-custom/tailored frame & suspension designs to fit your car & blueprints for you to “Build-Your-Own” Track Warrior Each design package is tailored to your car & usage to utilize one of the Track-Star suspensions. You receive full blueprints to build your own frame & suspension components. You can purchase kits or any individual Track-Star parts you like or none at all. If you purchase the suspension as a kit, you save an extra 5%.

Individual Suspension Designs:
#43XX Front Frame Clip & Suspension Custom Design Package - Full Custom: Starting at $899

Custom Design based on your choice of Track-Star Front Suspension
Spindle Upright & Steering Arm – Custom Design
Lower Control Arm – Custom Design
Upper Control Arm – Custom Design
Front Frame Clip – Custom Design
Steering Geometry – Custom Design
Full Roll Center, Camber, Caster, Anti-dive, Ackerman Optimization with Report
No TRS/FLLD/RLLD Spring, Sway Bar & Alignment Set Up Included with This Package

#44 Rear Frame Clip & 3-Link Suspension - Custom Design Package: Starting at $699

Custom Design based on your choice of Track-Star Offset 3-Link Rear Suspension
Choice of Watts Link or Panhard Bar & Mounting Designs
Custom Design Rear Frame Clip based on your choice of Over or Under Slung Designs

#45 Rear Frame Clip & Decoupled 3-Link Suspension - Custom Design Package: Starting at $999

Custom Design based on your choice of Track-Star Offset, Decoupled 3-Link
Choice of Watts Link or Panhard Bar & Mounting Designs
Custom Design Rear Frame Clip based on your choice of Over or Under Slung Designs

#26 Full Roll Cage Structure - Custom Design: Starting at $399

Race style, no body mounts or oem points
All key X, Y & Z dimensions.
Car measurements provided by client.
Bend calcs or Tubing dimensions for roll cage to fit snug to body is NOT included.
Just the structure design in Blueprint form of top, side & front

#24 TRS-FLLD/RLLD Suspension Rates Optimum Work Up: Starting at $250

Optimum Total Roll Stiffness work up
Roll angles provided for different corner loads
Front & Rear Lateral Load Distribution (FLLD-RLLD) Work Up
Optimum Front & Rear roll angles work up
Optimum Front to rear roll angle difference work up
Optimum Front Spring & Wheel Rates
Optimum Front Sway Bar Rate for up to 2 Tracks
Optimum Rear Spring & Wheel Rates
Optimum Rear Sway Bar Rate
Suspension Package provided to You with Report

Complete Frame & Suspension Designs:
#49XX Full Frame & Suspension - Custom Design Package: Starting at $1899

Front & Rear Clips with Connecting Rails or Full Frame Design
Front Suspension Custom Design Package - Full Custom - (See #45 above)
Offset 3-Link Rear Suspension - Custom Design - (See #46 above)
No TRS/FLLD/RLLD Spring, Sway Bar & Alignment Set Up Included with This Package

#51XX Full Frame, Suspension & Cage Design Package: Starting at $2199

Same as #49 plus …
Full Roll Cage Structure - Custom Design - (See #26 on above)

#24 TRS & F/R Roll Angle – Optimum Work Up: $250

For #49 or #51 - (For details see #24 above)

Important Notes:

If you buy a design package to build your own frame & suspension … and later decide to buy the same complete frame & suspension package as designed from me … we apply your design fee paid … to the frame & suspension packages.
Some of the items in the RSRT catalog are proprietary to RSRT & we will not sell them to anyone that hasn’t bought our design.

I like unique projects. Current Track Warrior Projects include:
47 REO Speedwagon Truck
65 Buick Skylark
67 Buick LeSabre
68 Chevy Camaro
68 Chevy Chevelle
69 Ford Torino
72 Firebird - Vintage Trans Am
93 Mustang Trans Am/GT1 SCCA Racer

Contact Me Direct - Ron Sutton
Phone: (844) 722-3832 ext.#3
E-mail: [email protected]

Ron Sutton Race Technology
11374 Amalgam Way, Suite K,
Gold River, CA 95670

www.RonSuttonRaceTechnology.com (http://www.RonSuttonRaceTechnology.com)
* Online Performance Parts Store
* 600 Brands & 90,000 parts at Everyday Low Prices
* Pro-Touring to Professional Racing
* On-Call Tuning & Technical Support
* Race Car, AX & Track Car Suspension Design Services
* Street, Autocross & Track Warrior Cars