PDA

View Full Version : Year One Braselton 9/18/04 show pics

mikesz
09-19-2004, 07:24 AM
I only have a 16 meg card in my camera so these are all the pics that would fit. Pics are hosted on my home computer so they will be down when I turn it off.

http://szilagyi.homeip.net:82/brazelton.htm

Mike

68protouring454
09-20-2004, 04:27 AM
nice pics looks like a great time, man do guys love tt II's out there!!lol
jake

protouring70
09-22-2004, 03:08 PM
Hey Mike, I was at the car show too. When I looked at your pictures I realized that you had a bunch of pictures of my friends '67 camaro. His is the black cherry looking one. It is a super nice car! Next time you go let me know, it would be nice to meet another member. I met Corey, another member, a couple of months ago.
Maybe I'll se you next time. My name is Brent.

mikesz
09-23-2004, 05:26 AM
Hey Mike, I was at the car show too. When I looked at your pictures I realized that you had a bunch of pictures of my friends '67 camaro. His is the black cherry looking one. It is a super nice car! Next time you go let me know, it would be nice to meet another member. I met Corey, another member, a couple of months ago.
Maybe I'll se you next time. My name is Brent.

The blue 69 camaro had floormats in it with this logo. https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif I asked him where he got them from and if he frequented the forum and he looked at me like I was crazy. I didnt ask anybody after that. Anyway this is one reason I posted the pics, to smoke out other members who might have been there.

I recently graduated from college and am currently starting my life here. I havent worked on my car in about 4 years and its doubful ill have a garage to use for another few years. Its 800 miles away in my uncles garage in PA. I need to live my car dreams for now through other members and car shows.

mike

protouring70
09-23-2004, 12:38 PM
Hey, I remember seeing the camaro but not sure who owns it. Just a little help, a lot of my friends have their cars in the local mini storage warehouses. It might be worth looking into. Just to have it close to home.
By the way, where bouts do you live? I am in Oakwood, its about 15 to 20 minutes away from Year One.

mikesz
09-24-2004, 07:52 AM
Hey, I remember seeing the camaro but not sure who owns it. Just a little help, a lot of my friends have their cars in the local mini storage warehouses. It might be worth looking into. Just to have it close to home.
By the way, where bouts do you live? I am in Oakwood, its about 15 to 20 minutes away from Year One.

I just graduated from college and am just starting my life. Just had my third interview this morning, might have my first job by Monday. I wont have a garage to work in for a few years or money to spend on it either so there is no sense bringing the car down. Maybe I will put it in storage back in PA though once I get a job. I’ve taken advantage of my uncle’s hospitality long enough.

I live on the Northwest side of Atlanta in Vinnings, just off the 285 loop at exit 18, paces ferry road. I am about an hour from Year One.

mike

cjhutch
09-24-2004, 04:39 PM
Mike, we're pretty close to each other. I live in Marietta around Kennesaw Mountain. You are probably about 15 minutes away from me. We all should probably meet up at the Commerce Challenge.

protouring70
09-24-2004, 07:16 PM
:secret: Hey Corey, How have you been? Hey I think that would be great to meet each other at Commerce. My daughters birthday is that Saturday, but I plan on attending afterwards.
Give me a call on my cell, maybe we can meet up. Mike this goes for you to.(770-862-3692)

mikesz
09-25-2004, 05:37 AM
My girlfriend and I have been hitting the local park trails since we’ve been here. That Kennesaw mountain is a killer.

For the Commerce Challenge Saturday or Sunday is good for me. I guess we can pick whichever day works for all of us.

Reading about the event here (http://www.yearone.com/Articles/news.asp?AID=27) made me a definite participant for next year. "We’re talking two racetracks, Atlanta Dragway along with the world-class Road Atlanta road course (only six miles from our headquarters). How about a huge car show, drag racing, road racing, driving schools, autocrossing, dynos, the ’05 Year One Cup, and special events at both tracks and our Braselton headquarters?" Sounds like lots of fun though I’ve been told Road Atlanta is not a beginners course. I would hate to see a vintage muscle car bounce off a wall.

Mike

cjhutch
09-25-2004, 08:11 AM
You are absolutely correct about Road Atlanta, I tested my skills in a Panoz and a Viper. It was definitely a humbling experience. The roads up around the mountain are great for testing out the grip on your tires also. Lots of sharp turns and sweeping turns also.

mikesz
09-25-2004, 09:28 AM
You are absolutely correct about Road Atlanta, I tested my skills in a Panoz and a Viper. It was definitely a humbling experience. The roads up around the mountain are great for testing out the grip on your tires also. Lots of sharp turns and sweeping turns also.

Never driven, but a guy from CC.com (79 coupe) gave my girlfriend and I rides around the track during an Open Track day in august. It was lots of fun, something I would like to get into when the budget allows. My girlfriend Marie enjoyed it so much she was talking about having her own track car also. I dont know if we will ever have a dedicated track car, but I know we will both sign up for a driving school at some point.

Mike