PDA

View Full Version : DSE minitub fitment

MTZ28
01-28-2017, 10:01 PM
Installing DSE minitubs in my 80 camaro, have a question about fitment. My tubs will work as is but do not match the factory curve of the original wheel well. The tub needs to be longer or stretched out for the tub to match the factory arch. Is this normal? I understand every car is different, but I would like to hear how others fit. Thanks

HotRod47
01-29-2017, 02:09 AM
From what I have seen so far, their tubs usually line up very well. Fitment has been great.

CampbellshotrodsAZ
01-30-2017, 08:57 AM
Does everything else seem to match up, shape and contour-wise? Mine might not have been 100% drop in, I might have had to stretch them, or secure them differently from the "as stamped" configuration. But nothing excessive as to distort the metal beyond its elastic range. Invest in some Clecos if you don't have any. And/or use self tapping screws to keep everything tight.

MTZ28
01-30-2017, 10:25 AM
Does everything else seem to match up, shape and contour-wise? Mine might not have been 100% drop in, I might have had to stretch them, or secure them differently from the "as stamped" configuration. But nothing excessive as to distort the metal beyond its elastic range. Invest in some Clecos if you don't have any. And/or use self tapping screws to keep everything tight.

Thanks for the reply

They do match up well enough to be functional as is, but to look like they came from the factory would require a relief cut to stretch the tub. There's two reasons I wanted to double check fitment against others. #1 is I bought the tubs from a member not DSE, they're close enough that I'm not concerned I have the wrong tub and they aren't damaged in any way. #2 is I followed dse's templates very close and always cut short in fear of taking to much metal away and trimming from there. The cuts also show that the tub needs to be stretched length wise. I haven't called DSE yet, but I wanted to be realistic on the fit before I called.

MTZ28
01-30-2017, 10:32 AM
From what I have seen so far, their tubs usually line up very well. Fitment has been great.

Thanks, they're definitely a quality part. This helps in finding if I'm the only one having fitment concerns.