PDA

View Full Version : Low Profile Jacks

GregD
11-17-2005, 02:04 PM
Now that I've lowered my 68 Camaro, I find it difficult to get underneath it with my standard shop jack. I have been removing my front spoiler and driving up on some homemade blocks in order to get the jack under the front cross member. Does anyone have any experiences with a low profile jack that would work well i this scenario yet won't break the bank? One with a long enough reach and a low enough profile where I don't have to remove the spoiler every time I need to get underneath would be great.
Thanks,
Greg

homerneedspeed
11-17-2005, 09:37 PM
I use the AC Hydraulics DK13HLQ jack made by Koni for rally cars and my lowered Impala it has unbeliveable reach and it will lift almost 30" high and is 3.5" tall for the first 16". I will never use another jack.

http://www.ultimategarage.com/acjacks.html

BADVELLE
11-18-2005, 05:56 AM
Now that I've lowered my 68 Camaro, I find it difficult to get underneath it with my standard shop jack. I have been removing my front spoiler and driving up on some homemade blocks in order to get the jack under the front cross member. Does anyone have any experiences with a low profile jack that would work well i this scenario yet won't break the bank? One with a long enough reach and a low enough profile where I don't have to remove the spoiler every time I need to get underneath would be great.
Thanks,
Greg

I had a similar problem, go to Sears and buy one of their aluminum 3 tons jacks. They are very light weight and the jack is lower profile, to the ground than conventional jacks.