PDA

View Full Version : Time to say hello.

toms69ss
01-09-2017, 06:32 PM
I have been a member for a while now, just haven't had a car of my own. Between working 2 jobs and going to school I have not had much time to take on any kind of project. But I have one now. This will keep me out of trouble while the wife is at work..... until she realizes what SHE let me get into. lol. I dragged it home from North Carolina this past weekend and am ready to start. The plan will follow a few other builds. I have gotten most of my ideas from other builds. The roof, rockers, quarters and tail panel have all been replaced already. I will do the trunk pan, floor pan, cowl, and firewall. Then it will be time to mod, I want to follow Cryptonomads build and go with the install of a 5th gen camaro interior and drivetrain. Up front I am going to do a ridetech uppers, lowers and coil overs. Steering is still undecided also. I haven't decided on rear yet, but am really liking the IRS. For color I am really fond of the PPG 'Checkered Past' and wheels I have given little thought to. So that's it for now, I will start a build thread in the next day or so. I am sure I will have plenty of questions along the way. Here is a pic of it in the garage right off the trailer. 135899

Canon_Mutant
01-09-2017, 07:46 PM
Good for you!

Welcome . . .

Shawn01754
01-09-2017, 07:59 PM
Perfect start

Aficionado
01-09-2017, 09:10 PM
Welcome!

32deucecoupe
01-10-2017, 06:17 AM
Looks good, are you going to mini tub it the same time you do the floors.

toms69ss
01-10-2017, 03:35 PM
I have been going back and forth with mini tubs since I first wanted to build a car. As of right now, yes I am, but I have time to change my mind yet again. lol