PDA

View Full Version : Ride tech coil over question. 69 Camaro

camarodude87
12-28-2016, 05:17 PM
Hello,

I have a 69 Camaro with SPC upper control arms and stock lower control arms. I am pretty sold in getting ridetech after I rode in my friends Chris's 67 Camaro. Since I don't have the budget to get the entire kit. I will be purchasing one piece at a time. Can I run the ridetech coil over with my SPC upper and stock lower control arms? I also have a Lq9 up front. Which spring should I get?

thanks Ray

Schwartz Performance
12-28-2016, 06:44 PM
You need Ridetech lowers because the factory lowers are not designed for the Ridetech coilovers or shock length of them.
The uppers you can use SPC if you want.

Ridetech will be able to choose the spring rate if you tell them the engine. We are a dealer for them if you'd like to save a few bucks :)

-Dale

camarodude87
12-29-2016, 07:05 AM
Hey Dale, thank you for the reply.

analyte
12-29-2016, 06:30 PM
If you're not running a tall spindle, you may want to look I to one so as to not limit your stroke length with a shorter spindle.

When discussing springs and shock valving, be honest as to how you really plan to sue the car. Mine is pretty much always on an AutoX/track when driven so Ridetech went agressive, but they will set things up to match your car and goals.

Kerry

camarodude87
12-29-2016, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I am running stock spindles. Mine is going to be street driven and once in a while head to the track possibly.

camarodude87
01-01-2017, 02:28 PM
So should I get the 2 inch drop spindles also?

analyte
01-02-2017, 06:58 PM
So should I get the 2 inch drop spindles also?

If you're asking me, yes, get the spindles as they will improve the geometry and allow for a longer stroke. I'm very glad I upgraded to them when I swapped over to the Ridetech system.

Rod
01-03-2017, 08:26 AM
don't use the stock 50-year-old arms as Coilover supports for a 3500-pound car the arm mounting location wasn't designed for that...... factory used a 5in diameter spring to distribute the vehicle weight the shock mounting location held zero weight...it will work for a while but that is a dangerous way to go

TheJDMan
01-03-2017, 11:01 AM
IMO, you would be better off saving for the entire kit rather than trying to install it a piece at a time. But that's just me not wanting to take stuff apart more times than I have to.