PDA

View Full Version : garage vs lift........

GTO MAN
12-11-2016, 09:42 AM
opinions needed. i am in a dilemma and need some advice. i am either building another garage or i must invest in a lift or 2.

option 1: i have been approved to build a garage but it has to be a single car due to our property lines and code. i can build and have been quoted on a 14x22 space for a cost of roughly $14500-$17k, this will allow for 1 car and some storage. to add a lift so i can store 2 cars the price will add about $3500 to above price listed

option 2: raise the ceiling in one of my garages to accommodate a lift at a cost of about $10-$12k, this will allow for a dual lift and raising the ceiling so i can store 2 more cars

option 1 will cost about $5-$8k more and may add value to my house if i decide to sell

option 2 will achieve the same thing but i will be about $4k-$5k to raise the ceiling that will add zero value but i can always take the dual lift with me

thoughts?

slow93z
12-11-2016, 10:10 AM
Actually had some why of the same issue at my house. I have a 1 car garage but I could add onto and make a small 2 car. After lots of planning and creative thinking. I filled in my inground pool, (Which was trashed and unusable when I bought the house a year ago) and this spring i Will be building an oversized 2 car with 12 foot cielings where the pool was.With that said we are now turning the one car garage into part of the living area of the house by taking down some walls and removing garage door ect.... in that sense you add square footage to your house and have a bigger work area. 2 birds with one stone.

All in all I would say build the 2 car, nothing better then having a nice work space to work on your stuff or other peoples stuff

BMR Sales
12-12-2016, 09:59 AM
I raised the Roof on my Garage to accommodate a Lift

GTO MAN
01-01-2017, 04:03 PM
building the garage and will have a lift it in.. its framed and the shingles go on on tuesday. super excited. ended up being 13' wide in front, 15.5' wide in the rear and 20' deep