PDA

View Full Version : Central power and ground???

Castlesmith
11-15-2005, 10:19 AM
I have a custom center console with 5 gauges, head temp x2, oil temp,trans temp, clock. 5 rocker switches and 1 momentary start switch. I am thinking about bringing power and ground to a central terminal under the console. I would then be able to go to these terminals for all the connections. Of course wires would have to go to the sending units, but power for the gauge lights and such could be tapped into right there on the central terminals. Has anybody done this, or have any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Pro-touring towncar
11-24-2005, 10:13 PM
Well I would use a aftermarket fuse block for power. wrangler power product has ones up to 12 outputs. then for ground you can use the household ground blocks or find the aux ground block from a police cruiser. ( usualy mounted to the right of the gas pedal)

Tim

GetMore
11-25-2005, 06:11 PM
I did something like that on my old pickup. I took a piece of aluminum plate, a ground terminal block and an insulated terminal block. One end of the insulated terminal block had constant power and the other had switched power, then I jumpered in from there to create multiple taps of each.

Castlesmith
11-28-2005, 08:36 AM
I did something like that on my old pickup. I took a piece of aluminum plate, a ground terminal block and an insulated terminal block. One end of the insulated terminal block had constant power and the other had switched power, then I jumpered in from there to create multiple taps of each.
Thats kinda wnat I'm doing. We have installed a brand new painless wiring harness. Just went to an auxillary power source on the fuse block and brought it to a central location. JB Weld and a bolt on a block under the console and there you have it. Ground goes to transmission tunnell. We created a harness with 2 twelve pin terminals and 1 six pin terminal. Now the whole console panel with all guages and switches quick releases with three plugs for additions or repairs and simply access. I'ts working great so far.
I'll add some pics this when I get em...next day or so!